Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21729 - 03/09/03 04:24 AM Re: Beach in southern spain??
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hey Guapetona, your cousin bakes my bread most weekends in summer! laugh More often than not in July and August you can find us pitching our tent at the camp site opposite her bakery at Torre de la Peña.

Zahara is a lovely beach, as are most along that stretch of coast. If you go through the town of Zahara for a few kilometres more you will come to the end of the road at a place called Atlanterra, where my favourite beach can be found. No beach bars or restaurants here, so you must bring your own food and drink, but it is truly a lovely spot.

Bring on summer! Having said that, people are burning if they are out in the sun too long at the moment here on the Costa del Sol. The last couple of weeks have been beautiful and warm. It's hard to believe that four weeks ago people were wading through water up to their waists in Fuengirola and my office was flooded after receiving 159 litres of rain in one day! eek What's more, the following week (Valentine's Day) the beaches at Estepona turned white after hailstones the size of golf balls fell, confusing everybody into thinking they were a couple of hours up the road at the ski resort of Sierra Nevada instead of the sunny coast! confused

Marbella is always nice at Easter kelar, although the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. The water is too cold for normal people to swim, but as Miguelito says there are always some crazy enough to get in and turn blue! (Not me!! :p )

#21730 - 04/07/03 10:44 AM Re: Beach in southern spain??
Tadd45 Offline

Loc: Boston Ma. USA.
I stayed in Marbella last June, the beaches were great... I would def rec. the Marbella area..

#21731 - 04/07/03 01:48 PM Re: Beach in southern spain??
jlramos Offline

Loc: New York NY EEUU
My vote is for Cadiz or Almeria (around Roquetas for example).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments