Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21719 - 02/20/03 09:03 AM Beach in southern spain??
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi everybody! I am looking to spend the first half of the week of semana santa somewhere in spain (I will be in Sevilla that 2nd half!). Can be anybody recommend a nice town somewhere in southern spain (Im studying in Granada), that has character, warm weather in April, and a nice beach?? cool

#21720 - 02/20/03 10:15 AM Re: Beach in southern spain??
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
Almuñecar is a very beautiful beach town in southern Andalucia.
Or, Matalascañas near Huelva is also great!

Hope you are having fun on your semester in Granada, Kelar! I´m so CELOSA!!

Sarita wink

#21721 - 02/20/03 10:19 AM Re: Beach in southern spain??
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
You could try Almeria and the Cabo de Gata - I recommended it on the beaches thread that should be somewhere hereabouts.

#21722 - 02/20/03 10:59 AM Re: Beach in southern spain??
Miguelito Offline

Maybe if you're going from Sevilla you should look at Cadiz, especially if you have a car, as you have Almeria more accesible from Granada for any other time. Anyway, I don't think it will be warm enough to swim in April.

#21723 - 02/20/03 01:38 PM Re: Beach in southern spain??
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Not warm?? Hmm hadnt thought of this one. Exactly how warm will it be in April?? When does it get warm enough to lay out in the sun, tan, swim, you know- the typical beach deal?? cool

#21724 - 02/20/03 04:38 PM Re: Beach in southern spain??
vicente2 Offline

Loc: southern spain
Near Sevilla you can stay in Chipiona(90 minutes by bus/70 minutes by car from Sevilla city center.
Good beach, hotels and hostales, 4/6 buses to Sevilla a day,... check www.chipiona.net. Also check at Sanlúcar de Barrameda is more lively (good bars and restaurants) in April than Chipiona, but worse beach.

#21725 - 02/20/03 04:38 PM Re: Beach in southern spain??
vicente2 Offline

Loc: southern spain
Near Sevilla you can stay in Chipiona(90 minutes by bus/70 minutes by car from Sevilla city center.
Good beach, hotels and hostales, 4/6 buses to Sevilla a day,... check www.chipiona.net. Also check at Sanlúcar de Barrameda is more lively (good bars and restaurants) in April than Chipiona, but worse beach.

#21726 - 02/21/03 02:45 AM Re: Beach in southern spain??
Miguelito Offline

You never know because weather is changable, but if the weather is good it will be warm enough to lay on the sun but not to swim (water will be cold, at least for me). Anyway, if it's sunny, always there's a foreigner swiming. In fact, in the north, there are a few locals that swim every day of the year, doesn't matter if it rains or snows... eek

#21727 - 03/05/03 02:40 PM Re: Beach in southern spain??
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Back to trying to find a place to go for the first half of the week of semana santa this coming april. What about Marbella?? I will for sure look into your suggestions! Thanks! One other thought, being that I am looking for semana santa, am I going to encounter extra high prices in these beach towns as well?

#21728 - 03/05/03 08:22 PM Re: Beach in southern spain??
Guapetona Offline

if u like beaches that are more natural try Zahara de los Atunes (Cádiz) or any beach in tarifa.

there are also some interesting ruins at Baelo Claudia close to zahara beach. this site is historically important because garum was produced there. garum was one of the principal reasons for the roman conquest of iberia.

for nightlife, go into tarifa city and there are many bars and restarants available. of course, its much more alive in the summer but there will be alot to do even in spring.

on the way to tarifa stop by panaderia españa..and say "hola" to my cousin maria angeles.. laugh laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments