Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21715 - 02/19/03 05:01 PM Tenerife Trip
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I just came back from a long weekend in Tenerife taking advantage of the 100 Euro r/t fares on Spanair. I stayed at the Tryp Puerto Playa in Puerto de la Cruz, which was about 50 Euros a night, including MP. Weather was good, sunny most of the time -- too sunny up on Teide, where I got a nice sunburn. It was windy, but the temperatures were still in the 20's to 30's at sea level. I liked Puerto Cruz. Picturesque beach resort town without being overwhelmingly touristy or "planned" like I hear the south is (Cristianos, Playa de America). I took the public bus up to Vulcan Teide on Sunday for a day trip. There seemed to be a lot of locals who take their bikes up on the bus and then coast the 3000 m downhill. I loved the pine forests on the way up, and then the fascinating volcanic landscape at the summit. They were just getting into gear for Carnival, so prices will certainly be going up in the next several weeks. This year's theme is "The Far East", and I watched the kick-off pageant in Santa Cruz on TV. Nothing like seeing canarienses in Chinese dresses or Japanese kimonos for cultural dissonance.

#21716 - 02/19/03 09:42 PM Re: Tenerife Trip
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Eduardo, what a great price for a r/t ticket. Was the flight very long?

#21717 - 02/20/03 06:02 PM Re: Tenerife Trip
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
The flight to Tenerife from MAD was about two and a half hours. The Spanish airlines seem to be having this 95 Euro special until the end of February, though I doubt there will be many seats at this price as Carnaval gets closer. It was a great price. Think about it: for about a hundred bucks, you can fly about the distance from NYC to Miami!

#21718 - 02/22/03 10:04 AM Re: Tenerife Trip
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
That is a good price- if anyone else is looking for cheap flights- IBERIA has a big sale right now, will only last a little longer though. Fly anywhere round trip within spain for 65 euros.... Iv visited Friends in Bilbao and Barcelona for this price- dont think you can beat it!! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments