Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21713 - 02/17/03 11:34 PM Gay bars in Sevilla
WB Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
For any gay people on this list that might be going to Sevilla, make sure you go to isbiliyya web page . It's in "el Arenal" right along the river next to the "Puente de Triana". It's a classy bar with friendly bar tenders and it's really nice inside. They have a dance floor that opens late at night. There's nothing better than sitting at one of the outdoor tables there under the palm trees along the river.

Also, a five minute walk further up the river (on the same side) is the discoteca "Mona Lisa". It doesn't get going till LATE. People are PUMPED UP dancing and having a great time till dawn. There couldn't be ANY more energy in the place.

For a more seedy, cruisy bar, there is Itaca on Calle Amor de Dios. I personally dislike the place because it's barely lit, and people stare at you like you're a piece of meat, but if you go for that, it's there. There is a non-descript door that you must knock on to get let in. They let ANYONE in, as long as you don't look like you're going to cause trouble.

I recommend sticking to Isbiliyya and Mona Lisa

#21714 - 02/18/03 11:50 AM Re: Gay bars in Sevilla
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
I think the best place to go, if you are of that persuasion, is the little seaside town of Sitges, about 45 minutes south of Barcelona. This is supposedly the "gay capital" of Spain. Last time I was in Barcelona, I did do a day trip to Sitges and it is really a quaint little town but definitely unconventional, to say the least, specially in their nightlife. However, if you are the least bit inclined to homophobia, Sitges is definitely NOT the place for you.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments