Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21648 - 02/03/03 06:01 AM Re: Las Alpujarras (near Granada)?
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Carole - I asked my wife if she remembers any places, and she said not by name. I never knew them in the first place, so I'm not much use.

I understand your reluctance to head for an unknown area with no forward planning, but I think you can take a chance on the Poqueira valley. There are 3 villages, in ascending order of altitude, Pampaneira, Bubion, and Capileira. My impression on my last visit (a couple of years ago) was that Bubion was the quietest of the 3, and that Capileira had the most accommodation. If you do a web search (try Google) with, say, "Poqueira alojamiento" you should get a number of sites offering accommodation. They will be in Spanish but some should have English versions.

#21649 - 02/04/03 09:05 AM Re: Las Alpujarras (near Granada)?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
There are lots of properties to be found on the net. Try searching for "casa rural". There is a really nice site called www.toprural.com which has pages in English. If you speak Spanish, you can surf away, but there are lots of English language pages out there, too. Once you see some of the pictures, you will want to go! That being said, I haven't been, but started planning a weekend trip which never materialized. Next time for sure!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2436 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments