Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21621 - 01/22/03 09:07 PM Valencia?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I'm moving the subject line from another forum. Does anyone have feedback, positive or negative, on Valencia? Would it be worth driving from Granada?

#21622 - 01/24/03 04:25 PM Re: Valencia?
Hip Priest Offline

Loc: Dublin
During Las Fallas: most definitely. Any other time: Hmmm...

(I lived there for 5 years (moved from Granada actually) and love the place but I don't think it's worth 7 hours drive to see as there aren't much sights. YOu'll have a good time but better make it as part of the visit to the Levante coast.)

#21623 - 01/25/03 05:47 AM Re: Valencia?
junknira Offline

Loc: oakland, ca
I really enjoyed Valencia, tho only spent a few days there. I think it's worth it, and again, seems Las Fallas would be an excellent time (i will be there this march 18/19, yeah!). if you are there in april, then go thru alcoi for the moros y cristianes feria, excellent! there is a tiny pueblo, Millena just outside of alcoi, go to bar millena for a great meal of entrecote con (green pepper sauce), really sweet folks there and a free campground next door.

#21624 - 01/25/03 06:11 PM Re: Valencia?
janlo Offline

Loc: quebec
i spent a few days in Valencia. I enjoyed it.
the old town is nice and calm. Beach is not far if i remember.
Nothing extraordianry in this city, but nothing bad too. I am glad to have been there.

#21625 - 02/02/03 03:20 PM Re: Valencia?
Quevedo Offline

Loc: New York City
I agree with HipPriest - Valencia is a good place, but not worth a special (long) drive to see it unless you were going to Las Fallas (great fiesta!!) or going to the area for other things anyway. The town has some nice places to walk, stay and eat. There is a nice old-world feel to the town with a good working class backbone to it.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments