Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#21595 - 01/22/03 11:06 AM Beaches?
ladybugsea Offline

Loc: Boston
Please tell me your favorite beach/ocean spots in Iberia, and why. I haven't been there yet, so I have nothing to add! Thanks!

#21596 - 01/22/03 04:57 PM Re: Beaches?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Playa de la Concha in San Sebastián is hands-down the finest beach in all the land. Here\'s another good shot...

The shape is perfect, and the promontory standing in the middle of the bay makes a terrific breakwater, causing hours upon hours of bathing bliss.

As a second place entry, I recommend a few sets at Mundaka.

#21597 - 01/22/03 06:57 PM Re: Beaches?
Guapetona Offline

if u like virgen off the beaten path beaches i recommend cádiz..a beach like arroyo del cañuelo can be ideal smile

#21598 - 01/26/03 04:44 PM Re: Beaches?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I liked the beach at San Juan, near Alicante.
Also, I liked the beaches right in Alicante. It was nice to just be able to get off the bus and stroll into the sand.

#21599 - 01/26/03 04:51 PM Re: Beaches?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
The very best: Playa de las cuevas in Asturias. Take a walk on top of the cliffs eastward. Also the beach at San Vincente de la Barquera, the very long one with the waves. Of course Calibasco is right on about Mundaka. All of northern Spain's beaches are fantastic. If you include Portugal, try anything at the western tip, near Cabo Sao Vincente. If you want warmer water, try Salema in the Algarve.

#21600 - 01/26/03 05:03 PM Re: Beaches?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
aidance

I too loved that beach at San Vincente de la Barquera - those waves were phenomenal cool I want to be there now.

Also some more beaches, slightly Easterly from SV de la B, which I can't remember the names of (Corbreches?) were great too. So big and wavy and not overcrowded.

Crrrrraaash! I love those waves. I don't surf or anything, I just like waves cool

Jo

#21601 - 01/26/03 08:18 PM Re: Beaches?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey jo

Warm water is a novelty for us brits wink
However i must agree that crashing waves are lovely to watch,But even better to fall asleep to.

Happy Thoughts.........

#21602 - 01/27/03 01:53 AM Re: Beaches?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
There is only one place to go,.... Denia.

It is on the East coast of Spain south of Valencia.

Lee

#21603 - 01/27/03 05:32 AM Re: Beaches?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Jo_Anne writes:
Quote:
I too loved that beach at San Vincente de la Barquera - those waves were phenomenal I want to be there now.

Also some more beaches, slightly Easterly from SV de la B, which I can't remember the names of (Corbreches?) were great too. So big and wavy and not overcrowded.
I know exactly where you are talking about (near Comillas). There's lots of campgrounds near there - a lot of French & German people. I prefer something more civilized like el Sardinero on the west edge of Santander. I don't know how the beaches & tourism will be affected by the oil spill; but if you want waves you should try Islas Cies at the mouth of the ria de Vigo.
BTW
I've been to Denia and the Costa Blanca (Benidorm, Villajoyosa, Campello, San Juan Playa); I've been to the Costa del Sol and the Costa de la Luz, to Barcelona and the Costa Dorada, to San Sebastian and las playas (de la Concha & Ondarreta) and to Laredo. My favorite is still el Sardinero.

#21604 - 01/27/03 03:14 PM Re: Beaches?
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
My favorite is :La Playa de la Lanzada
between Ogrove an Porto Novo (Galicia)
near of "La Costa de la Muerte".
ABP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments