Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#21605 - 01/27/03 09:46 PM Re: Beaches?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Cala Tuent, Mallorca. Oh baby, I thought I died and went to heaven, especially since I thought I was going to die on the twisting road down to the beach. All of you out there who think you have been on twisting mountain roads--think again. However, for such a heavenly beach, it was the best. Better if you can get there by boat, but by no means don't miss it. I'm just a wimp!

#21606 - 01/27/03 09:49 PM Re: Beaches?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Ouch! I meant "by any means, don't miss it."

#21607 - 01/28/03 05:09 AM Re: Beaches?
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Cabo de Gata in Almería, Andalucía. Beautiful clear water. There are many beaches, mostly empty most of the year. Here are a couple.

Playa de los muertos (!)
http://www.parquenatural.com/modules.php...;orderby=titleA

Monsul

http://www.parquenatural.com/modules.php...53&orderby=

#21608 - 01/28/03 07:38 AM Re: Beaches?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
spike1 and Eddie

Oyambre was one of them. Yes there were some campsites nearby, but curiously the beaches were still nice and quiet (but did have facilities for icecream thank goodness wink )

This isn't the best picture I know, and you can't hear it I'm afraid spike1 frown

When the waves are really big, I like the feeling of trying to resist them and then let them take me back to shore. Hmmmm, that's not a brilliant description of what I like to do, but I'm sure you other wavy people know what I'm talking about rolleyes

And here's a full page of CANTABRIAN BEACHES

Jo

#21609 - 01/28/03 11:38 AM Re: Beaches?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
El Boqueron, the beaches you photographed look great. They are in Almería, correct? Would that area make an interesting addition to our trip to Andalucía? We will be hitting the main tourist attractions/cities but some lazy days at the beach would be nice. How is the weather in mid-May? Thanks! --CC

#21610 - 01/29/03 06:39 AM Re: Beaches?
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Carole - yes they're in Almeria, in a "Natural Park" called El Cabo de Gata (the fotos are from the web site of the park). The weather in May should be sunny and warm, even hot (though the sea may still be on the chilly side - depends how hardy you are!). It rarely rains in Almeria, and the landscape that backs these beaches is virtually a desert. There a few small towns/villages dotted along the coast, the main one is San Jose.

http://www.parquenatural.com/mapa.php

I recommend it (just don't tell everybody!) wink

#21611 - 01/29/03 08:48 AM Re: Beaches?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
It never ceases to amaze me as to how beautiful most of Spain's beaches are, and the pristine condition they're in, not over-run by businesses, and homes, developed along the shores. I didn't see one beach in all the examples shown that wouldn't be on my "favored list." There's nothing nicer than sitting on a beach, enjoying a bit of sun, and listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. I usually end up taking a peaceful nap, and make sure I'm protected from the sun, so I don't spend days of regret later.

Great links. With this cold winter we're suffering here in the mid-U.S., these offerings seem to take the chill off.

Wolf

#21612 - 01/29/03 10:52 AM Re: Beaches?
ladybugsea Offline

Loc: Boston
Wow, thank you for all your responses, and for making my itinerary even more difficult to narrow down !

#21613 - 02/08/03 11:25 PM Re: Beaches?
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
There's a website that my Spanish sister-in-law told me about: www.esplaya.com
They don't sell anything, strickly info about beaches all over spain. I've used them a lot to research areas before we go there. So far we've gone to La Guarda (Galicia), Isla (Cantabria), Cullera (Valencia) Santona (Cantabria)......and am looking for one this summer.....anyone been to Benicasim???

#21614 - 02/09/03 05:54 AM Re: Beaches?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
SalaChic

Great site. And you can even get to see the waves in action on the little video clips cool

Jo

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments