Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21576 - 01/13/03 11:56 PM Madrid to Marbella by car
connie peebles-leidy Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada
We are arriving in Madrid on Jan 31 from usa and feel we should stay one day in Madrid and proceed to Toledo and stay two nights at La Almazara hotel (got this info from this site) and from there to Segovia (no hotel has been really touted, so need a really good suggestion and how long we should stay)...but the real question is WHERE DO WE GO FROM THERE? have to be in Marbella on the 8th of Feb. AND once there...what should we do?....we leave Marbella on the 15th and drive back to Madrid and leave on the 18th. All suggestions are appreciated. I feel athletic shoes and very casual clothes are appropriate. If wrong, let me know...weather...I am expecting 60's and it could rain...thanks

#21577 - 01/15/03 01:29 AM Re: Madrid to Marbella by car
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I don't think you are going to care for my advice if you have booked your hotel in Toledo already, but here it is.

Toledo and Segovia are essentially day trips out of Madrid. If I were you, I would stay in Madrid and take the train to Toledo. It takes about an hour. You are not going to want to spend two days there. I am sure a train goes to Segovia, although I went there by car. Another very interesting place, and again a one-hour train ride from Madrid is El Escorial. Truly fascinating, especially if you want to see the bed where Felipe II died.

In Marbella, I can't be of much help, although Cádiz and Gibraltar are not far if you get tired of the beach.

Buena suerte

Lee

#21578 - 01/15/03 11:06 AM Re: Madrid to Marbella by car
connie peebles-leidy Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada
I tried to book Hotel Almazara in Toledo as I felt two days there might be best...but the Hotel contact web address was not accessible by e mail...so we were thinking perhaps that we just wait until we get there and then see if we want to stay or press on...Segovia will be our last stop on our way back to Madrid to fly home...thank you

#21579 - 01/15/03 10:37 PM Re: Madrid to Marbella by car
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Toledo was one of our favorite places. We stayed at http://www.hostaldescalzos.com/ and it was great. Our view of the river was spectacular, it was conveniently located and the owners were very friendly and helpful. We were there for four days and had no problem filling out time. In fact, I am returning there soon for a few more nights. It is a great town in which to recover from jet lag!!! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1530 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments