Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21567 - 01/08/03 01:04 AM ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
andy2002 Offline

Hello,

I want to go to Spain for about 10 days APPROXIMATELY.

I will be going for my HONEYMOON in the last week of FEBRUARY, 2003

I want to go to parts of Spain which have the WARMEST Climate, since my fiancee does not like near freezing temperatures.

Can anyone help us with an itenary?. We are looking to relax, see some nice local sights, shopping, music, food.

Please help me

Thanks

#21568 - 01/08/03 04:52 AM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Sounds like you should be heading to southern Spain...Andalucia. Heading that direction, I would definitely consider a visit to the Alhambra in Granada.

I suggest that you do a search on this board plugging in key city names like Granada, Sevilla, Malaga, Cordoba. And key transportation like AVE (the high speed train to Sevilla from Madrid). There are many resident "experts" of Andalucia on the board, so I will let them elaborate more...just thought I´d point you in the right direction!

Congratulations in advance!

#21569 - 01/08/03 05:50 AM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Carnaval in Cadiz is the closest thing you will find to Mardi Gras in mainland Spain. Martes de Carnaval is March 4th. It may be difficult to 'book' a reservation there this late date; but you can stay in el Puerto de Santa Maria or Jerez de la frontera. In el Puerto I would recommend el Monasterio de San Miguel (a 5-star hotel). And you may want to buy a book of Bancotel cheques.

Check under the 'Classifieds & Personals' forum on the MadridMan board. Someone has 2-Bancotel vouchers for sale. They probably expire Mar 31.

#21570 - 01/08/03 09:04 AM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
Miguelito Offline

The warmest place in february will be Canary Island. Then probably Andalucia. I think the warmest place would be the coast between Almería, Granada and Malaga. Cadiz could be windy. Sevilla and Cordoba are also hot.

#21571 - 01/15/03 08:41 PM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
Hola Andy!

I too will be venturing to Spain this Feb for my honeymoon. I have to agree! Andalucia in Southern Spain is the way to go if "your soon to be" does not like the cold temps. I'm available if you need any suggestions on Granada and the other great cities in the south. The people are wonderful!!!!!

Enjoy!
Debbie

#21572 - 01/17/03 05:14 PM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Although I have not had the pleasure of visiting Granada (amazingly!), I understand it is in the mountains, and not necessarily warm. Just because it is in the South does not automatically make it so!

I would suggest looking into a coastal city like Malaga, or some of the resorts near the Portugal border for a smaller town. I would also suggest you consider the possibility of kicking back someplace the whole time, and not wandering around because you can then connect with the locals better and conserve energy, and money. Take day trips from your base if you want to do some traveling. Spain is so varied, and beautiful you don't have to "do" everything on this trip. Besides, you already have the main attaction with you, each other! Once you have been here, you will not want to leave, and you will definitely keep returning, so you can always see more later.

By the way, "¡Felicidades! and have "un vajae muy magico. . ."

Saludos

#21573 - 02/02/03 03:26 PM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
Quevedo Offline

Loc: New York City
My suggestion to do all the things you mention - nice honeymoon, relax, see sites and be in a warmer climate - is to stay at one or more of the Paradores in the south. The Parador in Granada, in particular will give you great views, great food, a sense of being in a lost time period of Spain's history and give you a special feeling of being "royal" on your honeymoon.

#21574 - 02/02/03 07:18 PM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
Espe3 Offline

Granada, or what you are most likely to go see, the Alhambra, is in the mountains, but not so high up you get snow. (At least not when I went) I stayed in Lanjaron, and it was awesome because we were 30 min away from the mountains (we did go visit the snow! smile ) and in the opposite direction, 30min. to the beach- we even layed out and got some rays, but you couldn't pay me to get into the water.

What I'm trying to say is, that for a day or two, the temps may be cooler in granada, but its definately worth the visit, and no, its no where near freezing! smile It gets much cooler in the night, but still, not a huge deal. And trust me, I lived upstate NY for many years, I know what cold is and you're not going to find it there! smile So if you do go to Andalucia, Granada is def. worth a stop on the list! smile

Congrats and enjoy the honeymoon! smile

#21575 - 02/03/03 05:33 AM Re: ANYONE WANT TO HELP...PLEASE!!!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Sorry, not to change the subject, but I have to ask...Granada94!! Where did you get that..???
--Granada, tierra soñada por mí,
mi cantar se vuelve gitano
cuando es para ti.--
Im studying here in Granada, and loving it! Amazing city, not to be missed on a trip to southern spain...be prepared though, it is a little chilly here right now, especially at night!!!!
Kelly smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2168 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments