Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21528 - 01/02/03 11:15 PM Madrid:Place to Party?
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
I am going to Madrid in February and would like to know the best part of Madrid to stay in,if Im interesting in partying to the wee hours of the night? laugh

#21529 - 01/03/03 03:59 AM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hello! I will be in Madrid in early feb, with the same thing in mind. I am staying in a hotel just by Sol, as it is very central to most of the clubs/pubs, and just by the metro too. Very handy if you don't want to stagger back........

#21530 - 01/03/03 11:47 AM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi mgarcia

As chrissiij points out anywhere in Sol is certainly central to most good places.You may like to check out Huertas too,as its quite lively there too.If its your first visit to Madrid,it may be worthwhile remembering that most places dont warm up until 10 or so!

I`m there in early Feb too cool (I`ll keep a lookout for any english staggering past :p )

Spikester

#21531 - 01/03/03 12:44 PM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Party?

Yes:

disco: Palacio de Gaviria . Arenal st
Day: Thursdays
Time: If you get there after 11.00 brace yourself for a whole hour waiting in the line.
Dance recommended: Merengue

A.J.

#21532 - 01/06/03 12:42 PM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I agreee with Andres.
The Palacio is a great place to go. Although you may not want to go there every night, check it out nonetheless. It's one of the most fascinating night clubs I've ever been too. There are always tons of young folks from all over the world there.

#21533 - 01/08/03 10:00 AM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
Shazz Offline

Loc: Philadelphia/PA USA
The sol is close to what few clubs they offer. We found one of the best pubs on Calle Victoria. It has a big guiness sign posted and live music somedays. It has a nice influx of multinational people and we had a blast there! we didn't check out the disco's because my fiance doesn't dance. But the few I went to were packed and way smokey. But if you're in your early 20's its perfect!! Lots of beautiful people. My favorite bar was quite smokey. I think it is a gay bar though. Its called Shillings but in Barcelona off the Ramblas.

#21534 - 01/09/03 03:11 PM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
ChrisS Offline

Loc: EE.UU.
Oooh partying in Madrid...Right now I recommend on a friday or saturday SWEET, Doctor cortezo 6 Metro sol or tirso de molina. 6 Euros includes drink.(no Im not a rep) This is the place for a fun and virtually tourist-free night of madrid fun. Not pijo, but dress nice, friendly people.

que lo pase bien,
Chris

#21535 - 01/09/03 10:49 PM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
Thanks for the infro...This gives me a great starting point.

#21536 - 02/05/03 10:57 AM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
For REAL flamenco, not the tourist stuff, there is only one place I recommend in the city: La Solea. Check "La Guia de Ocio"("Liesure Guide," available at any magazine kiosk) for address, times and so forth. Get there around 11 or 12, if on a weekend, no later, because it will be packed. You will hear real flamenco, the singers and guitarrists are not paid, just afecionados who really love the art. Sometimes a dancer will make an appearance. This is the real thing! Trust me, I used to play flamenco guitar professionally, and my thesis in Anthropology at the University of Kansas was on Spanish Gypsies and Flamenco.

¡Disfrutas!
Martín

#21537 - 02/06/03 12:06 PM Re: Madrid:Place to Party?
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Pre Club, get into the mood in Espana Cani on Pza del Angel. Mental.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments