Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21507 - 11/15/02 06:18 PM holidays in spain
travelmaven Offline

Will be spending Xmas in Seville and New Year's in Barcelona with husband and 15-year-old daughter. For the week in between we're undecided.
Found out the Alhambra is closed then. Is it still worth going to Granada?
How about taking a ferry to Tangier? A one-day trip or overnight?
Should we be worried about our safety?

#21508 - 11/18/02 12:17 PM Re: holidays in spain
Photoman Offline

Loc: Preston, England
Hi, Seville is brilliant. Not very impressed with Granada. Recommend staying longer in Seville or call in on Madrid on way to Barcelona. Stayed at Hostal Persal in Madrid recently - very well located in the centre - easy walking distance to main sights. Good breakfasts included in price

#21509 - 11/18/02 01:28 PM Re: holidays in spain
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I spent a week in El Puerto de Santa María (south of Seville) with two kids last summer and we had a wonderful time. Granada was fun, but that was because we loved the Alhambra. Too bad. frown

Do Jerez and the horse show. It was wonderful and we enjoyed the time on the grounds before the horse show even more than the show itself!! The train stain has beautiful tiles!! Osbourne does a great sherry tour in El Puerto and my kids thought it was cool!! Cadiz offers more options. Huelva and Parque Nacional de Doñana are also options. There is plenty to do in that area. smile

We then flew from Jerez to Barcelona for about the same price as the train!! I would not do Tangier. Also you have Los Arcos and Ronda near by. Rent a car or use the trains and buses. We spent two days in Ronda and loved the caves located outside of town.

Don't feel like every moment has to be scheduled. Things just come up and fill the days!! We met folks from England on the Osbourne tour and they took us sailing on their 45 foot sailboat one day. cool

laugh laugh It was ALL incredible!!! laugh laugh

#21510 - 11/18/02 01:29 PM Re: holidays in spain
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
This should probably be under Favorite Places!!

#21511 - 11/18/02 04:00 PM Re: holidays in spain
JANTRAVLER Offline

Loc: GEORGIA
NO TANGIERS! You should read some of the horrible seasick stories I have read! I was in Costa del Sol last Thursday and they closed the ferries due to weather! If you want a nicer climate stay in Sevilla. wink

#21512 - 12/19/02 01:44 PM Re: holidays in spain
wilnogirl Offline

We were in Sevilla in November and were really pleased with our accomodation...a gorgeous city apartment on Trajano...so conveniently located and really affordable...Sevilla seems very safe and is a wonderful city....spending Christmas there sounds fabulous.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1454 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments