Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21505 - 12/16/02 12:18 AM Church entrance fee?(Madrid,Toledo,Segovia)
del sol Offline

In general, do churches, cathedrals, synagogues and mosques in Madrid (and Toledo, Segovia) charge an entrance fee? I've read that some of the major ones have mini-museums and I'm guessing those have an admission fee. But what about the church itself?

I'm asking because I've been to many cathedrals around France and there are no entrance fees. But on a recent visit to Montreal, I was surprised to see a ticket office at the door of Notre Dame requiring payment to get in. I found that kind of strange.

#21506 - 12/16/02 02:44 AM Re: Church entrance fee?(Madrid,Toledo,Segovia)
Miguelito Offline

In the main touristic churches usually there's an entrance fee. Usually there's a time to go to the mass and other to do the touristic visit. In some places you can do a visit during the mass to avoid the fee or 10' before or just after, although normally fees are low. In the Mezquita de Córdoba for example, it's impossible to visit during the mass, you have to follow a signed way to the seats, and there's people watchig you don't go aout of this way (By the way, the price here is not low)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1431 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments