Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21423 - 12/08/02 05:21 PM Re: Must sees?? – Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla or Andalusia
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I would second the trip to Girona!

And for Andalucia, I would suggest a day trip to Ronda, which was my FAVORITE town in Andalucia. It's a bit of a trip - almost 2 hours - but the views from its mountains are breathtaking. I can't even put it into words.

Haven't been to Segovia and Toledo yet, but everyone keeps telling me I can't miss them. I'm going to be in Madrid from the 20-23 then in Pontevedra, Santiago and Ourense from the 23-27 and again in Madrid until the 31st... I'm hoping to get to at least one of them on the last few days since I plan to be jetlagged on the 20th, I'm going to a concert on the 21st and I need to spend at least one full day with my friend going through the city before I go to Galicia since I'm invading her house!

Melinda

#21424 - 12/19/02 02:21 PM Re: Must sees?? – Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla or Andalusia
wilnogirl Offline

We spent three weeks in Spain recently (Nov) and were able to amuse ourselves quite nicely in Madrid for four days (and will return as we didnt have time to do even half what we had planned) Madrid and Sevilla are both fabulous cities to just wander, explore, sit in cafes(my favorite European activity) walk in the park, gape at statues and fountains and churches and shopwindows) We found Madrid beautifully urban and extremely safe and accessible to visitors...especially at night...probably the best city weve ever visited in terms of being happily involved in the life of a large cosmopolitan city....(we are small town folk but travel a lot). Toledo was interesting in terms of exploring the old Jewish city...Cordoba did not really strike a chord....Sevilla is like Madrid only smaller and just lovely for exploring...our favorite rural time was in the lovely whitewashed village of Frigiliana in Andulusia...(near Nerja) where we stayed for a week in a rental apartment and felt quite at home as our landlords invited us for tapas and took us for a drive around the area...thank you Javier and Rosario...highly recommend Spanish village life. Low point was a beautiful rental villa near Javea which felt isolated and detached from the real Spain as the area was so populated with foreigners. I think your plan of deviding your time is excellent and being young you will certainly enjoy the nightlife which seems really hip.

#21425 - 01/03/03 03:23 PM Re: Must sees?? – Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla or Andalusia
Matt from Toronto Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you're going to spend a few days in Barcelona, a great day trip is to Figueres to see the Dali museum. It's a gas. Well worth the trip -- a short hop by train from Barcelona.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1466 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments