Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21408 - 11/21/02 08:43 PM Cuenca
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Since there was little response to 'Cuenca in February', does that mean it is a bust?

Has anyone ever done Toledo to Cuenca on a bus as a daytrip?

Maybe I should train up to Salamanca instead....

#21409 - 11/22/02 12:41 AM Re: Cuenca
Espe3 Offline

Sel, I've haven't been to Cuenca (yet!) but do have friends that have gone. I don't know how it will be in feb. except for cold! But as far as what to see, the city of hanging houses is really something! smile

Salamanca in Feb... well, I don't know about that. Its more students than anything (LOTS OF FUN! smile ) but they have exams during Feb. so I don't know how hopping the city is going to be then.

#21410 - 11/22/02 03:30 AM Re: Cuenca
Miguelito Offline

It was a long time ago since I went to Cuenca and I don't remember it so well, but it worths, we spent a whole weekend, although you could probably see the town in a day or a morning.
Salamanca also is a beautiful university town, from Madrid it's better the bus than the train, I don't know about going from Toledo. Anyway, it looks that you will make a quick visit, and I cannot recomend you any of them instead of the other.

#21411 - 11/22/02 03:31 AM Re: Cuenca
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well, if I had to choose in between those three: Toledo, Salamanca and Cuenca, I will definitely go for Toledo and Salamanca. Cuenca is nice but not as nice as the other ones.

#21412 - 11/22/02 09:26 AM Re: Cuenca
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
We spent the night in Cuenca last summer and it's a thumb's up from me. One day is enough, but it is so beautiful. Loved the Parador de San Jose. It's one of the buildings that hangs on the cliff and our big double room for 4 was stupendous. If it wasn't for the big parador across the river, this little hotel would be a very expensive boutique hotel right now. Luckily, it is still an hostal oozing charm and also some great tapas.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1789 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments