Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21404 - 11/21/02 07:05 AM Madrid
Christian R Offline

I'm going to Madrid for the first time just for a week-end with my two teen-ages sons (aged 15 & 17). We are going to watch Real Madrid on the 1.of December and we stay in a hotel near Plaza de Colon.

Is it a good idea to take a tourist bus tour? Where and when?
Any good restaurants in the neighbourhood of the hotel taking into consideration that i bring two teenagers?
What would You suggest for the week-end?

#21405 - 11/21/02 09:17 AM Re: Madrid
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well, right at Plaza de Colon you have the Hard Rock Cafe, but I don´t know if you would like that American style restaurant when you are in Spain. smile Maybe some other member can tell you about a nice typical restaurant in that area.

You can check the web page of the Madrid town hall, they give wonderful advice on what to see: Informacion Turisitca Ayto. de Madrid

There are touristic buses that show you Madrid and have different routes. I once found the web page for a friend who wanted to do it but I am not certain which one it was. I will try to find it out and I´ll get back to you.

#21406 - 11/21/02 10:03 AM Re: Madrid
Espe3 Offline

I think that if you dont know anyone there, or aren't familiar with the area, a tour may be cool. But maybe try one of the walking tours, you'll see more. MM can you help here? What about the walking/tapas tours?! :p yummy! smile

As far as restaurants... well, right around there you don't have too much 'typical' spanish...Hard Rock Cafe, Haagen Daz...and if you head towards the Plaza Santa Barbara you have some Am. style rib place, and a hollywood on the other side of the street. However, once you pass these places, you'll start to find more spanish restaurants and stuff of the like.

At Santiago Bernabeu, there's a TGIFridays... what kind of food are you looking for? Spanish or American?

#21407 - 11/23/02 10:45 AM Re: Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Take the MadridVision bus tour. They are the red double-decker buses that you will see constantly. The best place to begin is Puerta del Sol, because all three tour routes intersect there. It is inexpensive, interesting, and a great way to get a quick view of the City. Like many such tours you have on and off priviledges.

There are tons of restaurants in Puerta del Sol as well.

Have a good time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1467 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments