Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21399 - 11/25/02 02:53 PM Re: December Itinerary Advice
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
By the way, Córboba is great for a stop over with luggage because the train station has huge lockers which are very reasonable. We took the AVE to Córdoba and were able to put our three small duffles and my daughter's golf clubs in one locker while we explored. The bus station which is across the street does not have the big lockers. We used taxis between locations to save time and had a very pleasant day. Then, we gathered our stuff and took a bus on to Granada. It was really easy. smile

#21400 - 11/25/02 10:08 PM Re: December Itinerary Advice
ppp Offline

Loc: NYC
I really appreciate the advice you all have given me! Thank you! You are all convincing me that we should save Granada for another trip and instead see Toledo. :p

sel: thanks for the great cordoba/toledo/nun cookies tips.
cathyM: I note what you've said about time in Madrid vs. Sevilla - but my bf won't let me subtract from Madrid (his brother esp loved that city..) ! rolleyes
Espe3 and carmendeespana: thanks for the madrid info! smile
DavidB: great website - you've had some wonderful adventures - I wish you many more. I saw that you are heading to the Grand Canyon soon? If you have time, I would recommend visiting Sedona, Arizona.

ppp

#21401 - 11/25/02 11:28 PM Re: December Itinerary Advice
Espe3 Offline

Carmen-De nada! Aparte estoy completamente de acuerdo contigo!

PPP-Anytime. Toledo is great! Make sure you take your bf to see one of the places where they forage swords. smile Its cool and they have remarkable pieces- its still considered one of the best places to get a sword (our military when they can get their swords for their dress uniforms from there! My Dad had one made, absolutely BEAUTIFUL! smile )

#21402 - 11/26/02 03:50 AM Re: December Itinerary Advice
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi there PPP! Your local representative of Segovia speaking here... wink

I totally agree with the itinerary proposed by David B. Use the extra time instead of Granada (one of my favorite cities) to see Madrid. If you can´t get into the Alhambra (as Sel suggested double check that it is open!!) then that takes a huge chunk of attraction away from Granada (in my opinion). Going to Spain and not seeing either Madrid or Barcelona is kind of like traveling to the Northeast USA and not visiting NYC. Get my drift?

With the extra time in Madrid, definitely plan a FULL DAY in Toledo. It will be a bit chilly in December, but not nearly as cold as NYC.

Save Segovia for a subsequent trip. Segovia is more than just a day trip and more than just the Aqueduct and Alcazar. It is also La Granja and its gardens in San Ildefonso(former summer palace of the Spanish royalty), it is the Sierra (mountains to hike), the castle of Coca, side trips to El Escorial, Ávila and Valladolid and all the wine and cheese towns in between. Besides, Segovia in December is freezing cold... a dry windy cold (different than the east coast USA). Best to visit in spring or fall when the leaves change.

Believe me, I´m a huge fan of Segovia (heck, I live here now!) but you don´t want to overdo it. Besides, from NYC you can get some dirt cheap fares to Madrid....and seeing as you aren´t even 30 yet, you have plenty of time to fall in love with Spain!! smile

#21403 - 11/26/02 06:33 PM Re: December Itinerary Advice
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
PPP

Glad to help.

I hope that you enjoy Spain as much as my wife and I did. We can't wait to get back there next year.

I'm happy that you enjoyed my little Website. We have had a great life of travel and intend to continue to do so for many years to come.

David smile smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1706 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments