Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21384 - 11/16/02 05:08 PM Cuenca in February
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
smile I am returning to Spain in February, this time traveling alone. I arrive on a Friday AM and had planned to go directly to Toledo to recover from the jet lag. However, as much as I love Toledo, it might be nice to spent the time in a new and different location.

What would Cuenca be like in February? I would prefer not to rent a car. Are there any tours that go to the Enchanted City? Sunday I have to head to Málaga, but I have a couple of days to play. Can you suggest other places that would be good for a bit of relaxation?

Is there a bus between Cuenca and Toledo or does one have to access it through Madrid?

#21385 - 11/16/02 08:21 PM Re: Cuenca in February
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello sel, FELLOW-Columbus-city neighbor and now nearly national champions in college football!!! WOO HOO!!!! (what a game tonight against Illinois!!!!! eek )

I'm also interested in feedback on your question. I've neve been to Cuenca but... wow.. have ONLY heard wonderful things about this enchanting place. I've only seen some photos of the .... ummm.. fortified structure/castle there and it looks absolutely Maaahvelous.

Maybe CUENCA will be my Semana Santa 2003 destination. I'm looking forward to it (if it comes to pass, that is).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#21386 - 11/16/02 09:27 PM Re: Cuenca in February
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Cuenca is absolutely fabulous. One of the highest highlights of Spain. February might be cold, but who cares? Do a search on this board for hotels in Cuenca, and you'll find a few really good ones. Stay right in the old town.

#21387 - 11/25/02 04:09 AM Re: Cuenca in February
Samsonite Offline

I did a brief check on train and bus service. Could not find any info on bus to Cuenca but train service from Madrid Atocha station is 4 times a day and takes around 2.5 hours. I stayed overnight in Cuenca. It is really relaxing to walk around for a half day. But the real reason for going was to see La Cuidad Encantada. Don't know about bus tours, as I had a car. The enchanted city is a must see if you like unusual geology or just something unusual. It takes around a couple of hours to walk around and see the whole thing.

#21388 - 11/25/02 06:53 AM Re: Cuenca in February
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Auto-Res is the bus company doing the route Madrid-Cuencia.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1516 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments