Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21325 - 11/04/02 05:08 PM 4000 year old dolmens to see north of Burgos
HannibalMO Offline

Loc: Hannibal, MO
For those archeology buffs who like megalithic sites like New Grange in Ireland or Stonehenge in England, Spain had some great dolmens to see a day's drive around Burgos. I found a website doing a Google search, and a kind gentleman sent us detailed directions for a 180 km drive around the north of Burgos. It was incredible. Have any of you been to Orbaneja del Castillo? It is this marvelous town built into the side of a cliff with a waterfall and fantastic rock formations! This was a bonus to seeing the dolmens. For those who don't know dolmens...they are ancient burial mounds or passage graves. They are out in farmer's fields, but they are set aside as national monuments, encircled with low stone walls and an explanatory plaque. Anyone interested in making the trek, email me at vicki@ddrm.net and I'll forward you the directions.

#21326 - 11/04/02 08:01 PM Re: 4000 year old dolmens to see north of Burgos
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Sounds very intriguing, I plan to go see this on my next trip over, can't wait to see the info! The celtic connection in Spain is very interesting, and very lost in the overall mix, so I am intrigued to hear about this cultural artifact from the real "old" days. I will add it to my list of other pre-roman cultural artifacts like the gaita. ¡Thanks!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2967 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments