Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21321 - 11/03/02 06:51 PM Toledo one day trip
visitor Offline

We will be taking one day trip from Madrid to Toledo on Nov. 17th. I have read on this forum again and again about how one day is not enough for Toledo. But that's all we have. Any suggestions on how we can still make the best of this one day we have? Is it better to take a organized tour from Madrid or take the train and do it on our own? Thanks.

#21322 - 11/04/02 10:10 AM Re: Toledo one day trip
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
organized tour vs your own tour is really up to personal preferences. If you are organized and good at planning out itineraries and following maps, I would go it on your own. Not sure how many bus tours operate on Sundays (Nov. 17th). I did find two websites, which, if you haven´t seen them already, may help you with your planning!

Toledo 1 and Toledo 2

I didn´t spend much time browsing them, but Toledo 2 site seems to offer up some good itineraries.

Have a great trip!

#21323 - 11/04/02 10:52 AM Re: Toledo one day trip
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Trains (and Toledo city buses) may be on a Sunday schedule - a little less frequent than weekdays. I would take a train from Atocha and, in Toledo, ask a taxista to take you on a panoramica a tour to the heights across the rio Tagus for some great photo opps. You might even want to have lunch at the Parador . You can walk around the main part of Toledo at your leisure: San Tomé where you can see El Greco's Burial of the Count of Orgaz, the Synagogue and lots of shops. Have some Mazapan! The overpriced shops at the Toledo swordmakers will sell you damascene jewelry for about half again as much as you can buy it in Madrid. My vote: Do it on your own!

#21324 - 11/05/02 11:31 AM Re: Toledo one day trip
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I think you can definately see the highlights of Toledo in one day. Just walking around the tiny streets makes it a worthwhile trip.

The town is a bit confusing on the map, but you should love it, even if it is a day.
I took the train there and the bus back. I found the train to be a bit more comfortable, but the bus was faster.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2264 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments