Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21214 - 09/22/02 01:34 AM Finally going to Madrid!!!
Tex Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi, everyone! My thanks to MadridMan and all of you who have posted here - it has made planning my trip so much easier. I'll be in Spain (!!!) for 8 days in mid-October, and am planning to stay in Madrid with day trips to Toledo, Segovia and El Escorial. The only thing I'm still trying to decide is: should I take an overnight trip to Sevilla or save that for another time? From other posts I've read here, it seems that at least 2 days are recommended to see Sevilla, but I don't want to try to do too much. I would appreciate opinions about this. Also, if anyone else will be in Madrid around this time, let me know - Thanks!

#21215 - 09/22/02 04:14 AM Re: Finally going to Madrid!!!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi Tex!

Nice to see you here. wink

Glad your arrangements are going well.

As for the trip to Sevilla, I personally would leave it until the next time (and you know there will be a next time!) so that you can spend longer there and enjoy the place without rushing and missing things.

I travelled from Madrid to Sevilla via bus you know, and the driver was lovely! wink But that's no reason to make the trip especially. eek

Oh, and when you get to Segovia please will you use your skills to work out for me how it is that the aquaduct carried sufficient water when it is such a thin affair that looks like it could only carry a trickle.

I'm looking forwards to your return to see how you find Madrid compared to Barcelona.

Have fun, and hope you meet some of those nice people in Madrid. smile

Jo

#21216 - 09/22/02 05:02 PM Re: Finally going to Madrid!!!
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Howdy Tex! Looks like you have a great trip planned. If it were me, personally, I also would save sevilla for another time/trip. Enjoy your moments in the cities you have planned, don't get caught up in the stereotypical tourist where you are running around the whole time, looking at your watch! By the time you get back you need a vacation! Do yourself a favor, leave your watch at home! Have fun!

#21217 - 09/23/02 12:33 AM Re: Finally going to Madrid!!!
Tex Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks, "y'all"!

I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Jo - I checked and there is a new bus to Segovia EVERY HOUR :p

and I'm sure all those nice people in Madrid will be holding their ears when they hear my terrible spanish...

#21218 - 09/23/02 01:11 PM Re: Finally going to Madrid!!!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
No, Tex, you only need to go on the bus once there and once back - every hour is excessive! wink

Anyway, I know you'll have a great time. And then you can get home and plan your Sevilla trip!

Happy travels.

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1585 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments