Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21151 - 08/22/02 11:04 PM Does anyone know Teruel?
Fori Turolii Offline

Loc: Teruel - Aragón - España
I'm a little bit sad. Anybody knows my land. But I can give you some information about:

Teruel is a small city in the mountains of Eastern Spain. It's known (only for spaniards, I see) for its "mudejar" art. Its towers and the cathedral ceiling represent the top of that art.
Dinópolis is a new attraction museum who shows the enormous variety of dinosaurs found in our province (the bigger of that kind of installations in Europe).
We also conserve the mummies of the "Lovers of Teruel" a legendary love story that you can know on february. All the centre of the city is transform into a medieval representation, with medieval market, shows, "medieval" bulls, etc...
The Angel's or "Vaquillas" party on july is the main one. We change our mind and do what the rest of the year don't. "Peñas", "charangas", "Roped bull" by the streets(he doesn't suffer),concerts, drink... all outside and mainly free.
We have much more monuments as "Los arcos" acueduct, bridges, modernist buildings, the Torico's square that is the centre of the life of the city. That little bull is the symbol of the city.
Our typical food is the ham (very appreciated because of our dry weather), the "ternasco" (aragonese lamb) and many products from our province and autonomy as olive oil, calanda's peaches, "cecina", "longaniza"...
The province is really attractive, with impressive villages as Albarracín, Alcañiz, Mora, Rubielos, Valderrobres, Mirambel, La Iglesuala del Cid...

Contact with me if you want more information or visit, for example:
www.eltorico.com
www.teruel.org

#21152 - 08/22/02 11:07 PM Re: Does anyone know Teruel?
El Cid d'España Offline

Do they still speak Aragonese in Aragón? I heard it's almost close to extinction and it's only spoken in rural areas.

#21153 - 08/22/02 11:12 PM Re: Does anyone know Teruel?
Fori Turolii Offline

No, Aragón (good nick). The mainly language spoken here is the castillian. Aragonese only ramains in some Huesca's valleys next to the pirinees (Pirineos). In my city, Teruel, I think, it was never spoken or was lost in few years.

#21154 - 08/22/02 11:49 PM Re: Does anyone know Teruel?
El Cid d'España Offline

Quote:
No, Aragón (good nick). The mainly language spoken here is the castillian. Aragonese only ramains in some Huesca's valleys next to the pirinees (Pirineos). In my city, Teruel, I think, it was never spoken or was lost in few years.
Thanks! laugh My name is in a transition period, hence the parentesis around my old name.

It's sad that Aragonese is hardly spoken anymore in Aragón. Anyway, here's the lord's prayer in Aragonese. It's the only text I was able to find in the language in question.

Pai nuestro, que yes en o zielo, satificato siga o tuyo nombre, bienga ta nusatros o reino tuyoy se faiga la tuya boluntá en a tierra como en o zielo. O pan nuestro de cada diya da-lo-mos güei, perdona las nuestras faltas como tamién nusatros perdonamos a os que mos faltan, no mos dixes cayer en a tentazión y libera-mos d'o mal. Amén.

#21155 - 08/23/02 09:46 PM Re: Does anyone know Teruel?
Fori Turolii Offline

here you have some webs of aragonese speakers associations:

http://www.pangea.org/spie/fablans/index.html
http://www.consello.org/

I actually don't agree with some things that those people defend, but if you're interesting in, go ahead. Radicalism in everything is a step back.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1657 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments