Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21112 - 08/09/02 04:27 PM Madrid:Fitness Centers & Gyms
Katie Offline

A friend of mine is visiting Madrid in October and is looking for public fitness centers or gymnasiums she can use daily while there. Does anyone know of any nice centers that can be used by the public?

#21113 - 08/09/02 11:23 PM Re: Madrid:Fitness Centers & Gyms
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi Katie,
I can recommend a very good one in Madrid called the Body Factory phone # 91 416 18 86 on Calle Santa Rita, no.10.
My son used the Body Factory in Madrid and Santiago de Compostela (in front of the University) and he loved them. He said the Body Factory gyms were spotless and the equipment was first class. They have trainers to help as well.

he also used the gym at the HUSA Princesa, we stayed there so it was free. But for a fee you could use it as well. But chris said that it was too small and the equipment was old. Body Factory was better.

BTW there are gyms everywhere in Madrid, folks are into health and fitness just like here. We also found a great Health fod store by the Chamartin Station, where my son bought some protein. BTW If you use US products like Myoplex, I would recommend that you bring your own because they do not sell the same products in Spain.
Enjoy! smile

#21114 - 08/10/02 05:16 PM Re: Madrid:Fitness Centers & Gyms
Colonel Jack Offline

Loc: Chicago
Also, I'll be visiting Madrid in late September, and I'm training for the Chicago marathon later in the fall. Is there an area in central Madrid popular for outdoor running? Are there any fitness type trails in the Retiro or other parks (i.e. a path at least 2KM which isn't interrupted by vehicle traffic crossings?)
Thanks.

#21115 - 08/10/02 06:41 PM Re: Madrid:Fitness Centers & Gyms
SandraZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
Colonel Jack,

Retiro is a great place to run. The outer perimeter path is about 5k and is packed dirt. I usually run in my neighborhood in Charmartin which is good too, but there are a fair number of streets to cross. Good luck in your marathon!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2099 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments