Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21037 - 07/30/02 08:47 AM Going to Spain in 2 Weeks !!!!!
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I can't wait. We will start in Madrid, of course, go to the Segovia area, staying in a Pueblo called Domingo Garcia and then to the Salamanca area and staying in a Parador near there. Any suggestions on places to see or things to do along the way. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Karen!!!!

#21038 - 07/30/02 12:33 PM Re: Going to Spain in 2 Weeks !!!!!
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Karen:
Take me with you! Lets leave our lovers and inhibitions at home and escape.....
Ok ok I'm dreaming. Take the bus, there are some great places along the way. Get a "Lets Go" book, and pick out places you may want to stop and visit. You can even book a room ahead of time by phoning. That way, when your in the particular village or town, you have a place to say. No fuss or worry. Have fun.

#21039 - 07/30/02 08:23 PM Re: Going to Spain in 2 Weeks !!!!!
Habanera Offline

Loc: islamorada, Florida
Not too many people mention Cadiz...LA TACITA DE PLATA! It's quite a beautiful city, if you look at it from the mountain, the purity of its' whiteness clashes with the deep indigo blue of its' seas! Man, am i gettin'poetic or what?

#21040 - 07/30/02 09:55 PM Re: Going to Spain in 2 Weeks !!!!!
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I have some good notes on restaurants/tapas for Segovia and Salamanca from my trip there last fall. I promise to bring in tomorrow and post at lunch.

If you've never traveled to Spain before you're in for a real treat. laugh

#21041 - 07/31/02 06:40 PM Re: Going to Spain in 2 Weeks !!!!!
Kipper Offline

Thanks for all the info. Can't wait for my trip. Any more thoughts are greatly appreciated. Karen! laugh

#21042 - 07/31/02 08:58 PM Re: Going to Spain in 2 Weeks !!!!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Kipper,
Segovia and Salamanca are two of my favorite SPanish cities. I was just there this past December and enjoyed them thoroughly.
When you visit Segovia be sure to stop for lunch at the Mesón Cándido, you can't miss it because it is just besides the Roman Aqueduct.They are famous for their Cochinillo asado smile if you like pork this is a heavenly dish, the pig is so well cooked that they cut it with a plate!
Across from the Mesón is the tourist office. It is worth going there because they have a great map that costs less than 1 Euro and they give you a timetable of the Monumentos, places to see and museums: the Alcazar that looks like Cinderella's Castle in disney World, the Cathedral and not to be missed the Casa de Antonio Machado!

Salamanca is more than a University town, this year it happens to be celebrating its designation of being Ciudad Europea de la Cultura a wonderful recognition of Salamanca as one of europe's finest cultural center. There there is so much to see, and most of which has already been documente here at MM's Salamanca threads.

Hope you have a wonderful trip, Karen!

Booklady

#21043 - 08/14/02 08:45 AM Re: Going to Spain in 2 Weeks !!!!!
Kipper Offline

Well, I leave at 2:00 today for my wonderful trip to Spain, Madrid, Segovia, and Salamanca. Any last minute ideas. Check you kids later. Adios...K laugh laugh laugh Can you tell I'm excited!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments