Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21018 - 07/23/02 11:40 PM Castle Coca near Segovia
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
We will be in the Segovia Area around the 15th of August and heard about a festival near Castle Coca. Does anyone know if there will be fireworks at the castle? Please advise. Any good places to have dinner? Thanks...
K

#21019 - 07/24/02 12:18 PM Re: Castle Coca near Segovia
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Coca is a tiny little town in between Cuéllar and Segovia...it's actually about an hour away from Segovia (northwest) on, if I remember right, SG-342. We went there in May. It's a nice detour drive, and at one point is nothing but flat and straight...a good chance to see how fast you can get our rental car going...we hit 170 kph and loved it!

Coca has grown over the past ten years, and there are a few places to eat, but it still seems to be one of those towns where people own a piso for weekend use. As I mentioned, though, even between 1999 and May of 2002 I'd noticed considerable change in the town.

To answer your fireworks question: The fiestas they have there are the Santa Cruz fiestas and are held in early May. I don't know of any in August, but you can always check their website for more information: Coca City Hall The site has all the info you'll need on dining, lodging, etc. Enjoy the side trip!

#21020 - 07/24/02 06:55 PM Re: Castle Coca near Segovia
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Thanks for the great info. Can't wait to go back and visit again. Hope to find new things to discover.
Karen!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments