Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#20851 - 07/10/02 10:52 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Great, íker; but don't confuse your fantasyland Cantabria and all of its history with the Cantabria Islands. There's a big difference you know. The Cantabria Islands are just off the southern coast of the autonomous community of Melilla.

#20852 - 07/12/02 08:58 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
Kaella Offline

Loc: Providence, RI
I'm taking a three week intensive spanish language course in Valladolid for the first three weeks in September. Is this anyone's favorite town?

#20853 - 07/12/02 01:02 PM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Kaella,
I consider Valladolid the heart of the nation and my prefered region, of course I have been here for over 6 months now!!!. All joking aside, Valladolid has its pluses and minuses. If you want some info about Valladolid E-mail me for the detailed answers. Additionaly, I am quite familiar with most of the language programs here, and could probably give you some advise, if your so interested.
Cheers

#20854 - 07/13/02 05:16 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
MadridMan writes:
Quote:
And what, NO ONE BUT ME loves the Cantabria Islands??!!
Sorry MM, I thought I knew a lot about Cantabria but I don't know where the Cantabria Islands are. Are you putting us on??? rolleyes

#20855 - 07/13/02 07:46 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Valladolid gets a bad rap in some guide books to Spain, but I've spent a fair bit of time there and really like it. The older part of the city is really very charming with some incredible architecture. While there you must see the National Sculpture Museum which is housed in the exquisite colegio de San Gregorio--the cloister there is just beautiful. San Gregorio, in turn, backs right up to the monastery of San Pablo which has an amazing facade--especially when it's lit up by the late-afternoon sun.

#20856 - 08/12/05 05:03 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Some superb wine and tapas in Valladolid as well.

As for the favourite region, I would probably plump for Asturias, followed closely by Castilla-Leon. For different reasons. Having said that, I've never been to Galicia and suspect that if I did, my preference may change.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments