Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20831 - 05/31/02 05:56 PM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
PacoJones Offline

Esq,

You're the first to notice (or at least say something) my nick. smile You're right, my real name is nowhere near "Francisco Jones" but I always thought Paco Jones would be a cool "real name" to have, even without the double meaning. smile

Also, sometimes I'll tell people in Spain that my name is Paco Jones and they always get a kick out of it when they say it themselves. smile

And for those who are absolutely clueless or don't speak spanish, go type the last 7 letters of my name in an online translator.

smile

#20832 - 05/31/02 10:08 PM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
That is so funny!! Paco Jones, I didn't make the connection until I saw esq's posting earlier today... I live near New Haven, CT and there's a restaurant/bar there that's named "C.O. Jones". Get it?

Anyway, back to everyone's favorite region...

#20833 - 05/31/02 10:45 PM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
Guapetona Offline

I would say el levante.... laugh laugh laugh

#20834 - 06/01/02 11:19 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
LOL!

Thanks Wolf for your many months ago translation of that!

#20835 - 06/02/02 05:39 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Cantabria (aka la Montaña) has a lot going for it: White, sandy beaches from Laredo in the east to Santander's el Sardinero & westward to San Vicente de la Barquera; the rolling hills of dairy country just a few kilometres inland, the rugged mountain passes, especially the gorge of the rio Deva on the border with the Principality of Asturias. The Picos de Europa also straddle that frontier. rolleyes

For religious pilgrimage you have Cristo de Limpias in the village of Limpias, just south of Laredo, Santo Toribio monastery near Potes (Liebana) where Vera Cruz the largest known fragment of the Cross of Christ is kept, San Sebastian de Garabandal, site of reported Marian apparitions (1960, '61). eek

Santillana del Mar has a new 'virtual' Cuevas de Altimara exhibit, a Parador (there's also a new one in Limpias), and great restaurants and sightseeing. Then there's Comillas with the towering Palacio del Arzobispo and the Universidad Pontifical alongside; Antonio Gaudi's Caprichos, building there has housed an Oriental restaurant the past 10-years.

If you want a nice scenic trip thru Cantabria, take FEVE (Ferrocaril Español de Via Estrecha ) from Bilbao to near Unquera - the scenery is great!

Then there's the Universidad Internaciónal Menendez Pelayo conveniently located in Playa Sardinero, Santander's best (IMHO).

In the summertime, Santander's calle de Burgos has many street performers. From Jul 20 to 25th the Santiago celebrations include daily bullfights, concerts, etc. and El dia de Cantabria (Sep 15) is celebrated big time cool

#20836 - 06/02/02 08:19 PM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Hi Madridman, thanks for the comments on my Web-site.

I can understand why you decided NOT to spend your time in Madrid at a Keyboard and instead wander and absorb the streets of Madrid.

However, when do you anticipate finishing the report. I, for one, am waiting to read more on your trip.

David cool

#20837 - 06/03/02 07:09 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Right now, i am studying at Universidad de deusto in northern spain. I LOVE it here...awesome. My favorite region without a second thought...Pais Vasco!!! It is not touristy, untouched, perfect! laugh

#20838 - 06/03/02 11:55 AM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

my favortite region in spain is..... galicia and then ......castilla

arriba os galegos e a mina terra galicia terra de meu pai(in galego offical language of galicia) wink laugh cool smile

#20839 - 06/03/02 12:17 PM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
I agree with fmiketheman, the only problem is that we are letting everybody in on the secret!!!

#20840 - 06/03/02 01:01 PM Re: Favorite region in Spain (besides la Comunidad de Madrid :) )
Roe Offline

Loc: california
kelar419, it´s not too bad now, but just wait for the winter. It´s cold and wet, ugh! I love the place but I think the weather takes it off my favorites list.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments