Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20818 - 06/21/02 07:13 PM Re: Where should I go in Spain?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
And how about the walk along the Nervión? That's a nice pedestrian walk, and since the river's been cleaned up, it smells good, too! [We used to say that the Nervión was water that didn't require faith to be walked on!]

I'll see your Sopelana, and raise you a Mundaka. Interesting to note that the Mediterranean really is tideless, unlike the Bay of Biscay. As with Roe, I prefer some tide/wave action on my beaches!

#20819 - 06/22/02 05:32 AM Re: Where should I go in Spain?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I liked Bilbao... it's a cool little town. Good for going out and not as snooty as San Sebastian.

#20820 - 06/22/02 10:09 AM Re: Where should I go in Spain?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
As you already know from an earlier post, I like the north of Spain, especially Cantabria. But, unless there is something special going on (like AnTroido (Carnaval) in Santiago or Santo Toribio (Apr 16) in Potes) I might look elsewhere for the late winter/early spring.

For example: March 19th is San José and occasion for las Fallas de Valencia. Festivities continue for about a week further south along the coast (Benidorm). I don't know when Easter is in 2003 but the week preceding Easter is Semana Santa and Sevilla's Feria de abril is usually 2-weeks after Easter. I would do a bit more research before firming up my plans for the north of Spain.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2071 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments