Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20671 - 01/26/04 10:38 AM Re: Aragonese Pyrennees
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Au wrote:
Quote:
We want to enjoy lush green hills/mountains/valleys.
You might also consider the mountains, valleys, inlets, and rivers of the very green and less tourist part of Spain which is Galicia. You'll find LOTS of information about our experiences there on the message board.

Northern Spain is just beautiful in general and I too would love to visit the Spanish Pyrenees. I've seen many many many photos of the region and it all looks sooooo... unspoiled.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#20672 - 01/26/04 01:04 PM Re: Aragonese Pyrennees
Anonymous
Unregistered

The general environment is similar in hills and mountains (obviously not in valleys).

However, trees are different. i don't know much about trees, but I think they are half way to alpine woods, from the usual spanish trees.

I hope somebody can give more details on this matter, for I honestly can't tell a sycamore from a banyan. :o wink

As for the mountain ranges, there are some spots and short ranges where the Picos de EUropa in Cantabria and Asturias reach heights similar to pyrinees (or whatever the spelling is in English smile ), but if you are a trekker, Picos de Europa is a good thing but you'll regret not going to Pyrinnees.

As MM says, not only mountains are beautiful, also plains, with woods and prairies or hills and valleys...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments