Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20620 - 04/12/02 05:33 AM Madrid: May 1 - 2 Holidays?
Deby Offline

Loc: San Francisco
I will also be in Madrid on these days and wonder what will be open. Museums? Stores? Will places outside of Madrid also be closed? If everything is closed what will there be to do? If anyone has any information that would be great. I do speak Castellano, so I am not limited to English only events. Thanks!

#20621 - 04/12/02 06:26 AM Re: Madrid: May 1 - 2 Holidays?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Don't worry there will be a lot of things to do, nevertheless a significant number of people would have escaped to the beach. For events and places, if you can read spanish a good option is "la guia del ocio" they will have not only the bars and restaurants but also events, shows museums, theatre.... You can find it in every newstand while in the city and also in www.guiadelocio.es

In any case, only May 1st is national holiday, May 2nd is working day in Toledo, Avila, Segovia, Cuenca.....

#20622 - 04/12/02 05:36 PM Re: Madrid: May 1 - 2 Holidays?
Deby Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Thanks for your feedback. It is amazing the differences I get from people. I had been told that everything will be closed the entire week. I have been told that even restaurants will not be open. I was begining to feel that this was a terrible time to come visit I suppose the best thing to do is to wait until I get there. I figure that since the 2nd is a holiday only in madrid, this will be a good day to go to Toledo. Un beso grande

#20623 - 04/21/02 10:55 AM Re: Madrid: May 1 - 2 Holidays?
pasionaria Offline

Loc: Italy
I will be in Madrid on holiday from 27th April to 4th May. I have a couple of friends there, but they are both working and therefore I will see them only in their spare time.
Is anyone around and interested in meeting up for a chat, or for the following:
-visiting CD and musical instruments shops
-going for tapas and copas
-going to the cinema (independent movies preferred)
-visiting bookshops
-going dancing (I prefer indie music, goth, or good rock. I also like world music)
Drop me a line before the 27th in case you're interested!
greetings from Italy
PS I speak English, SPanish and some Portuguese

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1661 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments