Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20440 - 03/03/06 11:38 PM Marbella suggestions!
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
We're going in two weeks. Thanks foe your help...K

#20441 - 03/04/06 05:00 AM Re: Marbella suggestions!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have you already conducted a SEARCH? I just did (using keyword MARBELLA) and it yielded about 20 results mentioning Marbella. You've probably also found http://www.Marbella.com and http://www.Andalucia.com but there are many other websites.

I have (British) friends who live in nearby Estepona. Marbella is essentially the playground of the rich and famous for Spanish, British, and Arab. But, at least in my opinion, it's not all that interesting (nor all that Spanish) apart from being on the coast (Costa del Sol).

But for your own short-term playground of simply beaching (although when you're there it'll still be too cold to swim or probably lie in the sun in your bathing suit), eating, drinking, in a tropical setting then sure! Have fun!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#20442 - 03/04/06 05:33 AM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Aherm .. Anchovy Front! Where are you with your defense of Marbella?

wink :hdspin: :hdspin: wink

#20443 - 03/12/06 11:30 AM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Anchovy??

#20444 - 03/12/06 03:08 PM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Oops, here I am, Jo! First time I've had a chance to look in on MadridMan for what seems like an eternity, but I have to tout my Stones tickets on the best site, so it's given me the chance to say hello again here. thumbsup

Come on MM, I really must take you round Marbella personally and show you that what you say reflects just the superficial, stereotyped view of the town. Marbella is such a nice place these days and I GUARANTEE that when we stroll around the old town or along the paseo maritimo and take tapas in one of a hundred great places you will change your mind. The majority of voices you hear will be Spanish and you will leave vowing never to knock the town ever again. wink

Kipper, I see you haven't left yet. I have to go out right now, but I promise I will note down a few tips for you tomorrow without fail. Hasta luego.

#20445 - 03/12/06 03:19 PM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Oh and by the way, Mrs Anchovy and I went for a walk today around the aptly named El Paraiso Golf Course at Estepona.

Birds were singing, not a cloud in the sky and after reading on the news that the north of England and Scotland were expecting 8 inches of snow this weekend I thought that this wasn't such a bad place.

The temperature in the sun was in the high 20's Celsius which is nicely in the eighties for the old fashioned lot in UK and USA wink and people seemed to be very comfortable lying on sun loungers on the beach and around pools, although the poor souls who were tempted to get wet were soon regretting it laugh

#20446 - 03/12/06 08:21 PM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I always enjoy spending a day in Marbella. I start by taking a walk through the old town. There are many interesting stores and restaurants. Here is a photo of a favorite taberna....

The Menu

I then cross over to the park

and then I go down to the beach.

I have walked along the Paseo all the way to Puerto Banus. There are lots of great photo opportunities.

#20447 - 03/13/06 07:14 AM Re: Marbella suggestions!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Thx for the pictures Arturo, helped warm up a freezing cold day here in the UK

#20448 - 03/13/06 04:23 PM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
As I recall, there is one super flea market in Marbella - correct Anchovy Front?

And some super beaches, bars and restaurants in Estepona ....

Anchovy - glad to know you and Mrs. F are still amongst the Esteponians! :hdspin:

Enjoy the Stones - one hell of a show!

#20449 - 03/15/06 11:59 AM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hi Puna, There is indeed a super flea market. I think they are from the planet Krypton and they really bite laugh ....... Sorry!

I found this old thread Is Wolf still popping in now and then?

There are other posts too but I always seem to be on the defensive in them sticking up for the town! :jump:

Kipper, you'll have a great time with Marbella as a base. Just wander, you'll find lots of great places to eat and drink. Fingers crossed the weather is kind to you. Let us know what you think of the place?

Arturo, those are really nice photos. Do you have a photo site with more from around Spain?

#20450 - 03/15/06 02:41 PM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Be kind to that flea market - I'm still eek wearing my $3 karate pants - they don't seem to die ....

FYI - Big 50 huh???? :jump: clap

#20451 - 04/02/06 06:12 PM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I'm back and loved Marbella, the flea market was great, I'm glad I took an extra suitcase. The Port was unreal, and old Marbella was so cool, the orange blossoms smelled heavenly. All the food was just yummy too. We stayed at Incosol Hotel, it was very cool too. I can't wait to go back.

#20452 - 04/03/06 08:04 AM Re: Marbella suggestions!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Excellent! So glad to hear you enjoyed yourself .... and your comment about orange blossoms brought a huge pang of missing Spainness!

AF's defense of the area has been proven true - he will appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments