Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20402 - 10/26/02 04:54 PM Mijas?
Anita24 Offline

Loc: Westland, Mi.
After all I've read, I need to make a change, have one free {dreaded?} day in Torremolinos, {part of tour group}, so I have no transportation and want to visit someplace neat and easy to get to. Back in archives, 1 response for Mijas, Gibralter doesn't sound good--any suggestions? anyone else go to Mijas?

#20403 - 10/27/02 04:02 AM Re: Mijas?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
With no transport I would get the train (15 minute journey) from Torremolinos to Malaga capital. Trains are bang on time and regular, coming every half an hour. Stay on for one more stop after the main Renfe station and you get off at the end of the line.

From there it's a few minutes walk to the historical centre, cathedral, etc. Take a virtual walk here http://www.altur.com/eng/pmalaga/malaga/virtwalk.shtml then go and see the real thing.

Enjoy your day! smile

#20404 - 10/27/02 09:12 AM Re: Mijas?
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
It is a small village on the side of a mountain and a great place for shopping. You may get a taxi to take you there.

#20405 - 10/30/02 12:33 PM Re: Mijas?
Bill Offline

Loc: Clearwater,Fl
We had a glorius lunch in Mijas last week 10/23. Wonderful town for shopping and the big thrill is to ride some donkeys around ..The mountain scenes are breathtalking and the white buildings and homes are picture perfect. Go there ..sit outside eat cheese and drink rioja..life does not get any better.

#20406 - 11/02/02 03:55 PM Re: Mijas?
madsue Offline

Loc: Canary Islands, Spain
Arrived back from Torremolinos just yesterday!!!! Had a brilliant time. I took the train from there into Malaga where I then took a train up to Alora in the mountains. Total journey cost under 5€. You get the timetable from Torremolinos train station. Alora is a "white" village - though not as pretty as Mijas. More accessible though by the public transport system - but be prepared for a steep (and I mean steep) walk from the station.
If you don´t want to move, I was nicely surprised by Torremolinos itself.

#20407 - 11/02/02 06:49 PM Re: Mijas?
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
Mijas is also easy to get to from Torremolinos by public transportation. Instead of taking the train to Malaga you take it in the other direction to Fuengirola. The bus station is one block from the Fuengirola train station, and the buses to and from Mijas leave frequently throughout the day.

#20408 - 11/03/02 01:18 PM Re: Mijas?
Anita24 Offline

Loc: Westland, Mi.
Thanks everyone! laugh Arturo, --I think I've definitely decided on Mijas,are you saying, I'd need to take the train and bus? Would it be easier if I just rent a car ? (Don't really want to.) Could I possibly do Ronda caves and Mijas in one day ? eek Just when I thought I knew what I wanted to do! But what would we do without all of YOU.

#20409 - 11/03/02 02:48 PM Re: Mijas?
Espe3 Offline

Madsue, what do you mean by Mijas is a 'white' village?!

#20410 - 11/04/02 04:36 PM Re: Mijas?
Arturo Offline

I would not rent a car just to go to Mijas. The bus ride from Fuengirola to Mijas takes only about 15-20 minutes and costs less than 1 Euro. The buses run very frequently in both directions. There is also another bus from Mijas that goes through Benalmadena and might go as far as Torremolinas. I am not possitive as to the final stop.

#20411 - 11/05/02 12:49 PM Re: Mijas?
Arturo Offline

Espe3

The White Villages (Pueblos Blancos) are beautiful and historic villages of whitewashed Andalusian houses on the hilltops of Southern Spain. They are very scenic with narrow and steep streets and alleys. The houses generally have flower-filled grill-covered windows and red tiled roofs.

Here is a link to info and pictures of Mijas.

http://www.andalucia.com/mijas/pueblo.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments