Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20354 - 02/18/06 01:24 PM TORREMOLENOS isn't all horrible!
Sheena Offline

Loc: Holmfirth,UK
Me and my family in the easter holiday 2005, went to Torremolenos. To me and all my other family members it was a very interesting place. As some people critisise that it is tourisum central. But it is not. There are places there that have lots of character, and it is very Spanish. There are many cheap and nice restraunts there too (proper spanish food not english)

We went to lots of different places including the city of Malaga, also Antequera. In Malaga I enjoyed the Picasso museum and the music museum which I would highly recommend.

We travelled on the train back and forth at very cheap prices. If you would like a cheap and fun filled holiday choose TORREMOLENOS.

Sheena :hdspin:

#20355 - 02/18/06 01:50 PM Re: TORREMOLENOS isn't all horrible!
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Thanks, Sheena, for the information. We'll be spending two weeks in the Malaga area this summer, and, of course, I've read about how "horrible" Torremolenos is. Now, I'll check it out. Any specific suggestions? Also, thanks for the tips about Malaga. Of course, I knew about the Picasso museum, but now I'll also look for the music museum.

#20356 - 02/19/06 02:37 AM Re: TORREMOLENOS isn't all horrible!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi Sheena
I agree with you. I spent a couple of weeks there a few years ago and quite enjoyed it. mind you, in high summer with a lot of Brits around, it might be a different story!

#20357 - 02/19/06 01:50 PM Re: TORREMOLENOS isn't all horrible!
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
A GREAT hotel in Malaga is the newly renovated NH Maestranza ... GREAT views - from the higher floors you an see straight into the plaza de toros, the castle, and port and the beach ... really beautiful ... only bad thing limited parking (free parking anyway) ..

#20358 - 02/22/06 05:25 PM Re: TORREMOLENOS isn't all horrible!
Irlandés Offline

Loc: Dublin
I spent a very enjoyable few nights in Torremolinos a while ago. I'm with Sheena on this one! :jump:

#20359 - 02/22/06 07:45 PM Re: TORREMOLENOS isn't all horrible!
Palooka Offline

CascadaDuSel -

Do you have any other recommendations for accomodation in Malaga the city? I'm planning on spending a few days in June and I'm having a hard time finding a place to stay on line.

thanks in advance.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1755 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments