Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20187 - 01/21/02 01:31 AM Visiting Pamplona? email me
IcePick Offline

Loc: Seattle Wa
Hi gang. Recently saw a post about lodging etc in Pamplona during the infamous "Running with the Bulls" so I decided to post this message.

I did this for the first time last year. Needless to say I was concerned about all the usual stuff not to mention where do I stay and how to do it.

I couldn't find a room since everything books out a year in advance. I was also interested in running with people that new what they are doing.

Last year I had the time of my life. As much fun as one could imagine. The festival is said to be Europe's biggest festival. It is one bigger Mardi Gras.

Unfortunately, it could be the time of your of life or a nightmare. I saw foolish runners getting gored, people passed out on the streets and people pickpocketed of all their money & passport.

Because of this I wanted to post this message so that you do this trip the right way and have stories & photos to tell & show your family and friends.

#20188 - 01/21/02 05:51 AM Re: Visiting Pamplona? email me
hombre_gizon Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!.

I've been reading a lot of the messages in this board about running bulls during San Fermin.
I'm from Spain, near from Pamplona, and I and all my friends and all the friends of my friends and ... think that only crazy people run the bulls.

We've been in San Fermin loads of times and we've never thought in running the bulls. It's better and safer to see them on the T.V. in a restaurant having a chocolat and churros after drinking and meeting new people all night long.

Be carreful!. In Spain we think that bulls always gore foreigners because they don't realize about the real risk!.

I prefer to boast about not letting a friend run the bulls than to encourage him to run the bulls.

Bye!.

#20189 - 01/21/02 11:20 AM Re: Visiting Pamplona? email me
IcePick Offline

Loc: Seattle Wa
Gizon,

It does seem like that. But just about every time a foreigner is gored, it is usually due to the fact the person didn't do any research on the run or went in drunk or didn't find a safe place to watch and fell in the run.

This is something where you need to respect the bulls and the festival itself.

I thank all the Basque people who allow non spaniards to participate in this. The Spanish people shine in this wonderful festival.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments