Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20021 - 12/01/01 07:51 AM Madrid addresses for Booklady
teva Offline

OK, booklady, here are the addresses:
-Casa Mira, Carrerra San Jeronimo 30, 28014 Madrid.
Tel: 91 429 8895 Fax: 91 429 6796
Marzipan, Turron etc. (no additives, preservatives)
Open Sundays and holidays. Mail order within Spain and abroad.

-Casa del Libro, Gran Via 29, 28013 Madrid
Tel: 91 524 1900 Fax: 91 522 7758
www.casadellibro.com
They have a second bookshop in Madrid. The selection here was very good (probably the equivalent of a Barnes and Noble) but as with such large bookshops a bit impersonal. So I’m giving you the name of a great little bookshop that I visited on my first morning there; the guy here was so helpful as I was looking for a particular kind of book:
Librerias Mendez
Calle Mayor 18, Madrid. Tel: 91 366 4141/2.
(also have a second bookshop). Mostly serious literature etc; not many ‘libros del bolsillo’

While I’m at it, I also found a great flamenco shop near where I was staying (Plaza del Oriente):
El Flamenco Vive, Calle La Union, 4. 28013 Madrid.
Tel: 91 547 3917
Anything to do with Flamenco – music, instruments, dresses, shawls, and……fans – the best fans, great big dancing fans in lots of different colours.

#20022 - 12/01/01 10:50 AM Re: Madrid addresses for Booklady
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi Teva,
You are absolutely one of the nicest persons I know! Thank you for the information. God willing I will be there in the 18 days and the first thing I will do after I get to the hotel is head out and scout the marzipan shop and the bookstores! I have to get dozens of books that I've been unable to get here, in particular the new edition of the RAE dictionary, which is very reasonable in Spain.

Many blessings to you and yours! smile
Booklady

#20023 - 12/01/01 03:04 PM Re: Madrid addresses for Booklady
teva Offline

Booklady, have the best time. And if you get a chance, and like paella, you might try and visit a restaurant called 'La Barraca' (maybe you know it)on Calle de la Reina (Plaza de Cibeles end)- has really good paella - not surprisingly, as several people told us it is one of the best places in town for paella - we could barely move when we left.
And think of me when you're having the amazing Spanish hot chocolate......

#20024 - 12/01/01 03:29 PM Re: Madrid addresses for Booklady
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Booklady, if you are looking for the latest RAE dictionary, I would go to the bookshops at Libreros street. As it names says, there are lots of bookshops there and they have better prices than Casa del Libro.

It's a pity people at Librería La Felipa retired frown. They offered the best prices. I think her nephews have another bookshop in the same street called "Enrique", I think.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1825 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments