Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20013 - 11/30/01 08:23 PM Traveling for the first time to Spain
Yessenia Offline

Loc: NYC
Hello Everybody,

I would like your professional opinion should I travel in June or September?

Also trying to do my own itinerary, do not know if I should travel in train or car. Will be in Spain for 2weeks I would like to start in Madrid - segovia- toldeo- cordoba- seville- ?- ? - end in Barcelona which I might be staying with family.. Can someone help. My boyfriend and I would like to get the most out of Spain (on a budget)...plus I have a draw back my young 30 y/o bf has rheumatoid arthritis, will we be walking alot if we do the train circuit??? Help...

Love,
Jessie wink

confused confused confused confused

#20014 - 12/02/01 07:19 PM Re: Traveling for the first time to Spain
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Hi Yessenia

Either June or September will be OK but if you are concerned about travelling on a Budget the talk to your Travel Agent about Airfares during those times. From the USA there may be cheaper fares but I'm not sure. maybe one of the others on this board from the USA can help here. Personally I would consider September as the crowds of Tourists "may" be a little less than in June which is the height of the European Tourist Season.

Regarding using a Car or the Train, driving shouldn't be a problem for you but you will have the problem of where to park it, especially in Madrid. A car will give you the flexibility to stop at some of the smaller towns and villages although the cost of Petrol will come as a shock to you. The train is easier but restrictive. No matter what way you choose there will be a reasonable amount of walking involved especially in Toledo plus finding cheaper accomodation that has a lift will be a chellenge. The only way to really see the Cities etc in Spain is to walk.

Hope this helps a little.

David

#20015 - 12/02/01 10:27 PM Re: Traveling for the first time to Spain
Yessenia Offline

David Thank you so much....

I might just do September and maybe by then my budget wont be an issue. Again I thamk you.

Yessenia

wink wink laugh laugh

#20016 - 12/03/01 05:50 PM Re: Traveling for the first time to Spain
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
June, that is, late spring is my favorite time to visit the city. Warm wheather without being scorching, lots of people, intense nightlife.

Andrés

#20017 - 12/04/01 09:30 PM Re: Traveling for the first time to Spain
Yessenia Offline

Muchas Gracias Andres. (sorry I did not use the accent I'm at work right now.)

Une beso y abrazo,

Yessenia wink

#20018 - 12/21/01 08:38 PM Re: Traveling for the first time to Spain
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
I visited Spain in late August and had a great time. Sevilla at that time of year was terribly hot though. A couple of things to consider for travelling between cities. The buses can be a better deal than trains in terms of price and time. Some domestic flights may also be cheaper than trains. I took a flight from Madrid to Granada. I recall that the price was similar to a train ride and was much quicker. There are also cheap flights between Madrid and Barcelona. Have a great trip!

#20019 - 12/23/01 03:49 PM Re: Traveling for the first time to Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Yessenia,

If your vacation time is flexible, I would try and avoid both June and September (if not possible, go for September). I think the best months to be here are either May or October for a number of reasons.... the weather is much more bearable, airfare from the US is much more reasonable, not fighting the tourist crowds...etc.

The US dollar puts you at an extreme advantage here, but as previously mentioned, gas is expensive and parking, especially in the large cities, is very difficult. Spain has excellent public transportation systems that can get you practically anywhere. www.renfe.com is the spanish equivalent to amtrak. If you have a PDA (Palm), download the free METRO program which will provide you with access to maps for metro and subway systems for hundreds of cities around the world.

BTW do you know my sister, Jen, in San Francisco?

#20020 - 01/18/02 01:45 AM Re: Traveling for the first time to Spain
Yessenia Offline

Sorry Chica for not posting right away!!

I am a RN in NYC and on my days off I am snoozing.

Sorry I do not know your sister (Jen).

I appreciate everybodys responds I will be leaving August 30th 2002 for 2 weeks. Maybe I will meet Sr. Andrés.

Love,
Yessenia wink wink wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments