Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#19999 - 01/10/02 10:44 AM Re: My plan of 3-week-travel in Spain, I need your ADVICE!
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
CathyM,
Congratulations on finding your own personal perfect itinerary. To some extent, I guess I'm a bit jealous because in all my years of traveling in Europe, I have NOT had that one itinerary that, looking back, I could honestly say I would not change, even slightly. There's always something that I would have changed, one day more here, one less day there, a few more hours here and a few less hours there. But then again, that's just me. This last trip to Andalucia was no exception. I regret skipping Huelva and Sanlucar de Barrameda. I could have skipped Marbella. I regret not making it to Ronda because it was really foggy the day I tried to drive there from Malaga and so I turned back about 20km into that winding road.

I guess I look at traveling almost like a microcosm of life itself. Some surprises, some
regrets, some awesome experiences, some not-so-pleasant.

But, no matter what, we probably both agree that travelling, especially in Spain, is wonderful.

By the way, on this last trip, I would say that about 80% of the local people I talked to say that the Northern part of Spain, Galicia, etc, is the most scenic and romantic. Did you experience the same feedback? I need to visit that area soon, though some people hesitate to go there due to the ETA threat. Misguided, I think.

Happy Trails,
Cornelio

#20000 - 01/10/02 03:17 PM Re: My plan of 3-week-travel in Spain, I need your ADVICE!
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Cornelio,
I'm wandering off the original subject thread, but you mentioned Galacia and I just had to respond. I've never been to Northern Spain and am very intrigued by Galacia. I've posted a couple of topics recently regarding my upcoming trip to this area in September. In fact, I'm still tempted to go in April for a week laugh . It seems alot of travelers overlook this area and head south instead. I'll probably be posting alot of questions before I go and hopefully alot of insights/observations once I return.

#20001 - 01/16/02 01:13 AM Re: My plan of 3-week-travel in Spain, I need your ADVICE!
Marvilyn Offline

Loc: California
Just wanted to get any opinions or suggestions on my planned itinerary for three weeks in Spain in early June. I'll be traveling the first 10 days by myself and meeting my boyfriend in Madrid for the next 11 or so days. We'll be traveling by train/bus. Here goes:

Fly into Barcelona
Barcelona 5 nights
Day trips to Montserrat and Tossa
Night train to Madrid
Madrid 5 nights
Day trips to Segovia and Toledo
AVE to Sevilla with stop in Cordoba for day
Sevilla 3 nights
Bus to Ronda
Ronda 2 nights
Bus to Nerja
Nerja 2-3 nights
Bus to Grenada
Grenada 2-1 night
Fly out of Grenada, Sevilla, or Madrid?

Any suggestions on transportation between cities, lengths of stay, maximizing time by flying open jaws?

Thank you all for any advice smile

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Marvilyn ]

#20002 - 01/18/02 04:01 PM Re: My plan of 3-week-travel in Spain, I need your ADVICE!
ome Offline

Loc: seville, spain
I suggest you spend just one night in Nerja and 2 or 3 nights in Granada. And possibly rent a car in that last portion of trip, because the drive from Nerja to Granada through the Alpujarra region is supposed to be beautiful, full of great little mountain villages and great scenery.
I was going to do it last September, so I researched it, but finally didnīt have enough time for that drive.

Olga

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2357 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments