Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19969 - 11/11/01 05:32 PM El Campello
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Going there for our family holiday in June.Anyone want to tell me Ive made a BIG mistake or is it ok?

#19970 - 11/11/01 07:22 PM Re: El Campello
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Where in Spain is El Campello?? I've never heard of it. Thanks!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#19971 - 11/11/01 08:34 PM Re: El Campello
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
You didn't make a mistake, Nick: Campello is a beach resort in Alicante province just up from San Juan playa. It's very convenient to Alicante (city bus) if you want to go to the city for shopping or whatever ... There's also a narrow gauge 'trenet' that goes up the coast to Benidorm. Beaches are wide; the water is mostly calm for swimming and it's mostly a 'family-type' resort (not many 'topless' ladies - the only ones I have seen there were aging Brit or German women - the kind where my reaction would be: Cover yourself up, lady!). eek

The beach where we go (Playa Muchavista) is great! There's a small supermarket in town if you have a place with cooking facilities and the supermarket has a restaurant if you don't. My main complaint there was that the people don't get up early enough. I had to go to the main part of town to find a place that was open to get breakfast at 8:30AM one summer morning. Luckily, a Madrileño with a 4X4 gave me a ride up to the village from the condo complex. He even bought my coffee. rolleyes

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

#19972 - 11/14/01 05:05 AM Re: El Campello
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Thanks Eddie.We went to Vila Joiosa last year and loved it though it was a bit quiet.The guy whose house we used has a place on the Alkabir complex if you know it and how far out of the main centre it is etc... .You seem to know a lot about the place .We used the litle train line last year to go to the Water Park at Benidorm so we know its a good way of getting around.Campello looks a lot bigger tha Vila Joiosa so I guess theres more bars/restaurants to choose from?

#19973 - 11/14/01 06:38 AM Re: El Campello
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Yes, the town (village?) of Campello is much larger than Villajoyosa - the beach right in town is not very good. We stay about a mile down toward Alicante from the town: the Post address is still Campello. The Condo complex is las Llanzas - there's a 'trenet' stop and the city bus stops right in front. There's no car park I know of at playa Muchavista - There is one at San Juan playa. I wouldn't want to alarm you, but Pollution has become a bit of a problem at Mediterranean beaches in that area - I think that's true for the Mediterranean in General: not just Spain and not just the western Med. The Mediterranean sea is a closed ecosystem. There's just not enough inflow and outflow - eek

That's one reason I have been concentrating on northern Spain (Galicia & Cantabria, mainly) the last few years. rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments