Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19964 - 10/29/01 08:38 PM Benamadena/Torremolinos
biotechsolutions Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Hi All,

We are planning a trip for 4 weeks leaving the 15 November. We have been to Spain 3 out of the last 4 years, 1 year off for the little one. Now she is 19 months and ready for the trip. This is our first time staying in one place other than a 2 days in the beginning (Madrid/Sergovia our favorite's). We haven't been to either Benamadena or Torremolinos and in our trips the farest south was Sevilla/Cadiz. I know this is very off-season, so I figure the places will be deserted?? Does anyone know what is also involved in non Spanish citizens buying property? Would there be more involved than just having to pay-in-full?

Thanks in Advance.

Brian

#19965 - 10/30/01 07:28 PM Re: Benamadena/Torremolinos
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I cannot comment on buying property, but I can on the areas of Benalmadena and Torremolinos. The winter months are quiet, usually retired people visiting on long stay breaks. The evenings are really quiet in Torremolinos even though the resturants are open. Benalmadena is a bit more lively, and if I'm not mistaken the amusement park Tivoli World is open, and here there are many resturants and shows to see.
Sue.

#19966 - 10/30/01 11:28 PM Re: Benamadena/Torremolinos
zero262quick Offline

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
I would try posting that question on the multimadrid.com messageboard. They seem to know alot about residency and citizenship issues when it comes to moving to Spain or puchasing property, based on what posts I've read so far.

MultiMadrid.com Spain Message Board

Hope that helps.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

"The more I meet new people, the more I like my dog."

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Scottish Proverb

#19967 - 10/31/01 09:23 PM Re: Benamadena/Torremolinos
biotechsolutions Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Thanks for the info....
Actually looking forward to a nice relaxing time...well has much has you can do with a little, her mom is going to take a couple weeks of spanish classes at a school in Malaga.

Brian

#19968 - 11/01/01 03:18 PM Re: Benamadena/Torremolinos
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
I have purchased property in Spain within the last year... be certain EVERYTHING is documented prior to paying ANY monies.. if you are not fluent(very) in spanish... hire the lawyer... My transaction was for cash and went very well... there are companies that will finance properties.. a large downpayment makes it less stressful... take some time to visit two or three banks before commiting to a finance source... just don't buy in my part of the country we have 1200 in our village and that is enough!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments