Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19959 - 10/26/01 03:22 PM Winery tour
Daimegeuse Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Hi. I am going to be traveling to Madrid for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I will be in Madrid 3 days and Barcelona 4. While I am there, I would like to take a tour of a Spanish winery, but everything I can find is a 3 day package guided tour. Does anyone know if there are any wineries in the area that offer tours?

#19960 - 10/27/01 05:48 AM Re: Winery tour
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
There is a wine club in Spain that, among other activities, organise winery tours. Contact them at:

Vino Selección
Guzmán El Bueno, 133 7ª
Edificio Britannia - 28003 Madrid
FAX: (+34) 91 453 93 03
e-mail: socios@vinoseleccion.com

#19961 - 10/27/01 12:27 PM Re: Winery tour
josemacall Offline

Loc: Galapagar(Madrid)
As the wine lover you are, I must tell you one thing you cannot forget:

Drink a good Reserve Wine from La Rioja of the year 1994 (one of three best of the whole century). If you can't, try a 95's, as the excellent year it was.
Others 'must drink' are wines from La Ribera del Duero, Somontano, Priorato, Costers del Segre, Albariño (from Galicia)... and something from Jerez.

#19962 - 10/28/01 08:41 AM Re: Winery tour
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Catalunia is noted for its 'Cava' (sparkling) wines like Freixenet & Codorniu (now joined in te same company). But I think the main grape growing region is down toward Tarragona. That's probably where you would find the Catalunia wineries. Even if you can't visit the wineries, there's no reason why you should not enjoy the wines of that area. rolleyes
P.D.
for JoseMacall: I realize that Pontevedra is one of the provinces of Galicia and that you are correct in saying that Albariño is from Galicia; but denominación de origen de Pontevedra is a 'sello' that Albariños wear.
Personally I prefer Rosal (from a tiny wine producing region between Tuy & LaGuardia).
wink

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

#19963 - 10/29/01 09:53 AM Re: Winery tour
Daimegeuse Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Thank you for the advice. I have been to Spain, and have always LOVED the wine. I have contacted the organization you suggested Antonio. Hopefully they will be able to point me in the right direction.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments