Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19872 - 09/27/01 09:41 AM Costa de la Luz
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Now we can get cheap flights to this area of Spain I imagine there are plenty of wonderful resorts along the coast for a family holiday . Anyone got any experiences/reccommendations?

#19873 - 09/27/01 10:05 AM Re: Costa de la Luz
Miguelito Offline

50% of Huelva province has some kind of natural protection, so if you like nature and bird watching you can have lots of things to do. As for beaches, I only know Matalascañas, which is the closest one to Seville, probably the bigger and more crowded, although I think now it will be almost empty there must be more beautiful places. The beaches are very long, I don't know how will be the weather... good luck

#19874 - 10/02/01 05:13 AM Re: Costa de la Luz
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
I have only been to "la luz" once but numerous times to Spain. This time of year the coast was quiet, not many tourists. I would say that don't miss Cadiz and I can recommend beaches everywhere from Tarifa to there (We stopped at Chipiona and Zarah de los atunes). Places I stayed : Cadiz, Sanlucar de Barrameda (see if you can stay in the old bodega), Puerto de santa Maria.

Would have liked to go to Jerez (known for Sherry) and Jabugo (known for ham) Coto Doñana (Nature reserve) but didn't have the time. Also went to : Isla de santa Christina (Close to Faro in portugal) again nice empty beaches. Had a stop in the town Jimenez was born (close to Huelva don't remember the name) Huelva was not that beautiful quite modern (rebuilt after an earthquake i believe.

I remember most of these places are easily accessible from mainroad. We rented a small car in Malaga, starts at 120 USD a week.

#19875 - 10/05/01 05:41 AM Re: Costa de la Luz
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
In mid-July I stayed with relatives in Mazagon (Huelva). We went to the beach each AM right next to Playa del Parador (Parador de Cristobal Colón). The Parador didn't look very busy - it sits up on a bluff and there's a very long (200m?) wooden boardwalk down to the beach. I wouldn't want to walk that distance to/from the beach. There's a car park at the foot of the hill (if you get there early - about 10:00). I trust my relatives' selection (i.e., that this is the best beach in the area). They have had a place there for more than 10-years.

It's a very scenic area: If you've 'wheels' you can drive over to el Santuario de la Virgen del Rocio or to the Donana national park. There's even a new luxury Golf resort nearby. One can also 'day trip' over into Portugal (the Algarve).

I wasn't aware of cheap flights to Costa de la Luz: I just caught a bus from Sevilla to Huelva (1.5 hours) and a local bus down to Mazagon. cool

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1607 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments