Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19850 - 08/31/01 11:25 AM Marbella to Madrid
Giovanni Offline

Loc: USA
I am going to Spain for the first time with 3 friends for the first 2 weeks of October. We will spend 6 nights in Marbella, 1 night in Almagro, 2 nights in Toledo and end in Madrid as our final destination. We already have all our hotel reservations made and tickets reserved for the Alhambra in Granada. While in Marbella, we plan on driving to different towns each day. Does anyone have any suggestions on which towns to visit besides the popular ones such as Seville, Granada and Ronda? I would
appreciate any suggestions on places to see and resaurants in any of the places we'll be visiting. Thanx.

#19851 - 08/31/01 01:12 PM Re: Marbella to Madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Málaga, Córdoba and Cádiz smile

Málaga is a very nice and big city.

Córdoba have a muslim mezquita which is worth of visiting.

Cádiz is a small city surrounded by water, but it is charming (in Cádiz I may suggest to restaurants: el Ventorrillo del Chato and specially El Faro).

Near Cádiz there is a abandoned fishmen village which is great: Sancti Petri.

Near Granada you have the Medina Azahara summer palace, with the same style than the Alhambra.

Probably someone may suggest some villages in that zone. Andalucía is just so huge and has so many places to go...

Fernando

#19852 - 08/31/01 06:10 PM Re: Marbella to Madrid
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Giovanni: Try Estepona. It is about 15 minutes by car from Marbella. Not a tourist trap or very exiting like some other youthful areas but it is where the "China Wall" of codos seems to end. It seems to be laid back & full of interesting nooks & cranies. It has a nice Marina and a beautiful Passeo to stroll along. You can see The Rock of G. quite clearly as well as the "Rif mountains" of No. Africa.My girl & I spent a week there last Nov. and loved it very much.Give it a look. Enjoy, Bill Ski wink

#19853 - 09/03/01 04:04 PM Re: Marbella to Madrid
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi, Giovanni, my suggestion would be to visit Mijas in the mountains above Fuengirola. Although the area was hit by bad fires last year, the villiage itself is lovely and the views over the coast are fantastic.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments