Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19807 - 08/23/01 12:34 PM traveling to spain in November
wammytk Offline

Loc: Carroll, IA
I will be in Spain in November with my Husband and another couple. We will be spending 2 days in Madrid and then off to a condo in Zahara de los Atunes. I have spent many hours exploring on the net looking for things that are must see and not having much luck. Would love to hear some feedback on what to see and were to go. We sill be spending 11 days total. Will be taking the train from Madrid to Sevellieand renting a car there. Our itinerary is open and would love your suggestions. This will be the one and only trip to Spain and don't want to mis a thing. Thanks for the help!!!!

#19808 - 08/23/01 04:13 PM Re: traveling to spain in November
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Zahara is a lovely place and there are lots of things to see and do in the region. It might be a bit chilly and windy in November though. In the imediate vicinity, don't miss the ruins of the Roman city Claudio Baelo in the coastal village of Bolonia. Tarifa, a little further afield is also quite charming. You may even consider hopping over to Morocco for the day (ferries from Tarifa and Algeciras). You should definitely spend a day in Cadiz, and try to see its archaeology museum. Another worthwhile trip would be to Jerez. Make sure you've got a designated driver who doesn't mind missing out on the sherry though.
Inland, I would recommend Arcos de la Frontera. From there you could explore the mountains and the wonderful white villages such as Grazalema, Zahara (a different one) and a must-see, Ronda.
Of course you'll want to see Sevilla, and you could easily spend more than a day there. If you have time, check out the ruins of the Roman city of Italica, about 3 miles out of town.
As you can see, there's lots to do, and you'll wish you'd come for longer. If you've any queries, get in touch.
Have fun

#19809 - 08/23/01 08:24 PM Re: traveling to spain in November
wammytk Offline

Thank you so much. sounds like a wonderful time and we can hardly wait. This will be my first time out of the US except for a trip to Mexico. We would love to stay longer but that is all that my husband can get off. Wish we took the month of August off, like Spain and could live it up, but back to work we must go. We had planned to go to Morrocco for a day. I have heard of the town of Ronda. My sister visited the area 2 years ago. Her son has lived in Madrid for 5 years. She had a wonderful time. Thanks so much again, know we will enjoy it.

#19810 - 08/23/01 08:45 PM Re: traveling to spain in November
wammytk Offline

After I wrote back I looked at your profile and see that you are a journalist from Madrid. We are spending two days in Madrid with my nephew and his girlfreind. She is originally from Sevilla. Since you live in Madrid and are a journalist I have to ask you what you think would be some of those "I can't miss" sites in Madrid or the surrounding area. It sounds like you know your country very well. May just use your agenda. Thanks again.

#19811 - 08/29/01 11:31 AM Re: traveling to spain in November
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
What to do in Madrid? Well that's a big question and one which requires an even bigger answer. Perhaps since I've lived here for so long and know the city so well, it's harder for me to answer. If you have a good guidebook, have a look and decide what most fits in with your interests. Then look through all the posts on this great site for tips an extra information. If you're only going to be in madrid for a few days, you won't have time to get too far off the beaten track. Remember, the big attractions alone would take more than a few days to get through. But feel free to get in touch with any spacific queries or for any specific bits of advice. See you soon.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments