Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19802 - 08/22/01 09:33 PM advise on itinerary
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I'm planning my first trip to Spain and leave on September 27 through October 14. This is my fourth european adventure but my first time to Spain. I'm traveling with a friend who's fluent in (mexican) spanish. We're both in our mid-30's and we enjoy getting a feel for the local cultures and a little night life - the all night party years have been left behind in my 20's however! I love history and just wandering around soaking up atmosphere. I live at the beach so it is not very important to visit a beach resort to relax. However, I do want time in the cities I've chosen to relax and not rush.

That's my intro. I would love to get feedback on my current itinerary!

Toledo - 2 nights; arrive at airport and take bus or train to Toledo

Segovia - 2 nights; take train from Toledo to Madrid then Madrid to Segovia; day trip to LaGranja palace

Salamanca - 2 nights; bus from Segovia to Avila - visit for a few hours; train or bus from Avila to Salamanca

Sevilla - 3 nights; train from Salamanca to Madrid; AVE to Seville; day trip to Cordoba

Arcos de la Frontera - 2 nights; rent car in Sevilla; day trips to Jerez de la Frontera and route of Pueblo Blancos (Zahara/Grazamela)

Ronda - 1 night; stop at Pilata caves

Granada - 2 nights; drop off rental car when we arrive

Madrid - 2 nights; fly from Granada to Madrid

Thanks in advance for all of your help smile

Oops- forgot to mention that I've already decided that next year I'm going to spend another 2 weeks in Spain. That trip will focus on Northern Spain from Barcelona to Santiago!

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: CathyM ]

#19803 - 08/27/01 08:03 PM Re: advise on itinerary
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Take the bus instead of the train from Salamanca to Madrid. It is an Auto-Res bus and runs every hour up till like 9:30 pm. It costs about 2.000 for a one-way trip, and I would recommend getting the tickets in advance. Make sure you take the Express bus, it goes direct and is the nicest bus I have ever been on in my life: huge leather reclining seats with lots of leg room! The train runs less frequently and might be more expensive, but I am not positive.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#19804 - 08/28/01 09:54 PM Re: advise on itinerary
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the heads up on the bus. I would have to transfer train stations in Madrid even if I took the train so with buses running more frequently and with the luxury you described it seems the sure way to go.

I'll look up the schedule on the Auto-Res site.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#19805 - 08/30/01 10:57 PM Re: advise on itinerary
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Majesty318:
Do you know how we could get between the auto-res station and Atocha? I don't know where the auto-res station is in Madrid and how far it would be from Atocha.

Thanks for all of your help. laugh

#19806 - 08/31/01 03:07 AM Re: advise on itinerary
Anonymous
Unregistered

Auto Res's station is not very far. It is close to Conde de Casal's circle.

Type Conde de Casal for a map of the area, then zoom in and out.

Mapa

Ignacio

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: Ignacio ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments