Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19798 - 08/22/01 09:33 AM Abreu Tours
greibe Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
I am finalizing plans for a 10 day trip to Spain in November. The plan we are leaning toward is an "independent travel" package offered by Abreu Tours . It includes air, hotel, car etc, and includes the cities/towns of Madrid, Toledo, Avila, Salamanca, & Segovia.

We are pretty much sold on the independent travel idea, but would appreciate feedback on Abreu. Are they reputable, any positive/negative comments, any personal experiences with them. Do they provide you with maps, site info or other useful stuff.

Also, I would appreciate any comments, in general, on this type of travel.

We plan to rearrange the itinerary somewhat so we can spend a little more time in Salamanca to vist with our son who will be attending the university, but I don't anticipate that will be a problem.

Thx for your help.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#19799 - 08/22/01 01:35 PM Re: Abreu Tours
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Greibe: I say to GO it Alone. You can get your ticket from a consoladator,rent your car, travel by train or bus, stay in Hostals and buy your own breakfast for about 1,000.00 USD cheaper. Unless you are the type that likes everything done for them, you should investigate my suggestion.Look at www.dertravel.com for a plain tckt.Try www.Avis.com for your car with no drop-off fee.Get Rick Steves guidebook on Iberia.The Hostals for Madrid from MM.com are great and the rest of Spain can be gotten from Rick Steves. The biggest thrill you'll get in addition to an extra Grand in your pocket is the satisfaction of knowing you did it on your own. This site alone can give you the guidance & courage. Think about it!!! The Spanish people are wonderful and extremely helpful even if you speak Spanish as poorly as I try to. If you master the Castillian Lisp you have half the battle won. Good Luck. SKI laugh laugh

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#19800 - 08/23/01 06:11 AM Re: Abreu Tours
Guida Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hi Greibe,

Abreu is a very reputable Portuguese travel agency. It is one of the most important and one of the oldest in Portugal (est. 1840). I don't think you have to worry about reliability. I haven't used them lately, but I believe they offer good service.

Guida

#19801 - 08/24/01 01:54 PM Re: Abreu Tours
greibe Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Billy ski: Thx for the advice. I had been contemplating but felt a little uncomfortable. Glad to hear one can be successful going it alone. Would like to add to the sites you provided...
www.asiatravel.com/spain/central it's just another site to book reservations from. I ran across it while doing some searches.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments