MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19781 - 10/22/01 05:11 PM Re: Just back: Sevilla
Tejano Offline

Loc: Texas
Adam,
What is the name of that Fast Train and where do you board it in Madrid?

How much did it cost?

Is it called AVA?

#19782 - 10/22/01 08:32 PM Re: Just back: Sevilla
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Fast Train: AVE
From where does it leave in Madrid?: Atocha Train Station
How much does it cost?: Check the www.RENFE.es website for prices/routes

Have a great time! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#19783 - 10/23/01 05:46 AM Re: Just back: Sevilla
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
eek I am disappointed in you, MadridMan. Madrileños don't refer to it as estación de Atocha (Atocha Train Station); it's Puerta de Atocha! rolleyes

AVE runs hourly from about 07:00 to 22:00 and prices depend on time of day (Valle, Llano o Punta) and 'Class' (Club, Preferente or Turista). Turista llano this summer was ESP 10.500 one-way - there are substantial discounts for 'same day return' & roundtrip fares. cool

#19784 - 10/23/01 06:03 AM Re: Just back: Sevilla
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
smile Note to Eddie: VERY Unfortunately for me, I'm not a madrileño. That, plus I translate everything into understandable English as the great majority of visitors here don't speak/read Spanish. For the same reason I call it Retiro Park and not el Parque del Buen Retiro. Most visitors would go..."HUH?!" confused wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#19785 - 10/23/01 09:24 AM Re: Just back: Sevilla
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
I am surprised to learn that I will be in Sevilla next February (2002) instead of Paris. Believe me when I say it THRILLS me to no end to think about the warm days of February in Andalusia and the beautiful train ride south from Madrid.

I love all places in Spain. Each is unique. Sevilla is special for me because I studied there as a college student. Hence, it always makes me feel good to be back. My favorite places there: the river, the tower of gold, the Barrio de Santa Cruz, calle Sierpes, the bars in Triana and the neigborhood in Triana that is away from the river (the shopping is great as you leave the river).

Few turists would visit the neighborhood of Los Remedios, but I go there because that is where I lived for a semester.

I love everyone's comments on this forum.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments