Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19741 - 08/08/01 09:15 AM Spain in November
Wendalina Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
I will be in Spain November 17 - 21 then on to Italy. Are there any festivals going on at that time? What is the weather like? Does anyone know about the Row of white houses?

Thanks for such a great site!

Wendalina laugh

#19742 - 08/08/01 09:53 AM Re: Spain in November
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is 'the Row of white houses'?

#19743 - 08/08/01 09:56 AM Re: Spain in November
Wendalina Offline

Its in Andalucia and its called Rueta de pueblas blancas I think.. Its all the whitewash houses in the countryside of spain I think... I am really not sure confused

#19744 - 08/08/01 10:19 AM Re: Spain in November
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
The Pueblos Blancos tour, according to the Eyewitness Travel Guide (which I would not leave home without smile )starts at Arcos de la Frontera, then Ubrique, Zahara de la Sierra, Grazalema, Setenil, Ronda (ah, what a city !!!) Gaucin, and Jimena de la Frontera. Unless you can find an organized tour of the pueblos, you have to do this by car (OR expect to spend a lot of time waiting around for buses!) Ronda is pretty easy to get to; it even has a direct Talgo (fast train) to Madrid. Grazalema is probably the next most talked about city on this route.

#19745 - 08/08/01 10:22 AM Re: Spain in November
Wendalina Offline

La Maestra,
If I could only go to the one city, would it be more like a day trip from Madrid or should I spend at least one night there?

#19746 - 08/08/01 02:53 PM Re: Spain in November
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I spent two nights in Ronda and could have spent more! It will take you a big chunk of time to get to Ronda (let's say 4+hours), then you look around and have to get right back to Madrid (and I'm not sure they have two direct trains in the same day!) No, that's not worth the time! Plan on AT LEAST one night there. I know the distance doesn't look like much on the map, but those roads are curvy so you're not doing any 80 mile an hour freeway stuff! If you choose a smaller city like Grazalema you'll have to go to Malaga and take a bus. Plan not to rush! All you'll do is wear yourself out and not have time to really enjoy the peace and beauty of the place! This is one of those times when less is more!

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: la maestra ]

#19747 - 08/08/01 07:05 PM Re: Spain in November
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
One of the most beautiful "White Villages" in the south, is Mijas, in the hills just above Fuengirola. Easily accessible by bus and at little cost. You can easily spend a day there, wandering around the narrow streets or take a donkey taxi on a tour of the village and its sites. laugh

#19748 - 08/09/01 03:11 AM Re: Spain in November
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wendalina,
Thanks, I knew about the villages, but didn't know that name.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2462 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments