Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19719 - 07/30/01 07:19 PM 2 Weeks in Spain
Shaggy and Scooby Offline

Loc: Lansing mi usa
Hey everyone, i hope everyone else loves Spain as much as i do. Went to Spain last year over spring break for 11 days, planning to go agin next summer for 2 weeks, thing is that theres so much to see that i have no idea where to go. I know i want to start off in Madrid i absolutely love it there. But from there im stuck. I would like ot try and visit places from all the different regions, but dont know if its possible. Any advice would be great, thanx

#19720 - 07/31/01 07:17 PM Re: 2 Weeks in Spain
Shaggy and Scooby Offline

Loc: Lansing mi usa
I know that i want to go to Sevilla, Toledo, and also possibly Avila. Was interested in Pamplona, Tarragona, Barcelona(again, along with Montserrat). Was also looking to go back to Segovia, and seein gthe castles in that area. Would it be possible to do this in 2 weeks? I am hoping so. Any help would be great thanx.

#19721 - 07/31/01 08:43 PM Re: 2 Weeks in Spain
Bob27 Offline

Loc: Venice, CA
i went for 2 weeks last year and asked the same question and the response i got to my big plans was "TOO MUCH!" and they were right. don't waste your precious time traveling from place to place, pick 2 other spots besides madrid and spend some time in each town, save other places for next time. i started in madrid for 6 days, went south on a super fast 3-hour train to malaga on the costa del sol. spend a few days there checking out the beach towns like nerja, marbella and stuff, then from there you can take another quick train up to sevilla for a few days (which was awesome) then back to madrid for a last blast before flying home. worked for me!

#19722 - 08/01/01 07:29 PM Re: 2 Weeks in Spain
sheba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
hey...i know that i loved granada and cordoba a lot, simply because i'm a garcia lorca freak. but i'll try to tell you what other people (19-25 yr. olds) said about their trips. most people really loved san sebastian. said it had some really great little places. everybody was split half and half on barcelona. some people loved it because it was more modern, others didn't like it so much because it was too touristy. mallorca was also a favorite of people. i didn't get the reasons why, but everyone said they had a really good time there. toledo is a good day trip, especially during a religious parade. and last but not least, pamplona. everybody who went, hated it, sorry to say. but these were all americans and others may feel differently. though from what i understand, they had a problem more with the running of the bulls and the crowd it brought and the lack of public facilities, then with the place. well...that's my two cents. good luck and have a good time.

oh...and i went to segovia. it was beautiful, but very quiet. the aqueduct is something to see, and so is the cathedral, but it was very, very quiet and peaceful. there are some really great places to eat there though, nice little cafes that make you realize you feel like you are truly, finally in europe. i guess it all depends on what you are looking for. on your limited time, you might want to forgo segovia and go with more beachy areas.

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#19723 - 08/25/01 02:53 PM Re: 2 Weeks in Spain
wammytk Offline

Loc: Carroll, IA
Shaggy and Scooby, I just posted a question and got a great answer from a journalist in Madrid. We are going down to south of Cadiz to spend 8 days and here are his suggestions. I have done alot of surfing on the net to get ready for this trip and this place has been a great help. Have a good time.

Zahara is a lovely place and there are lots of things to see and do in the region. It might be a bit chilly and windy in November though. In the imediate vicinity, don't miss the ruins of the Roman city Claudio Baelo in the coastal village of Bolonia. Tarifa, a little further afield is also quite charming. You may even consider hopping over to Morocco for the day (ferries from Tarifa and Algeciras). You should definitely spend a day in Cadiz, and try to see its archaeology museum. Another worthwhile trip would be to Jerez. Make sure you've got a designated driver who doesn't mind missing out on the sherry though.
Inland, I would recommend Arcos de la Frontera. From there you could explore the mountains and the wonderful white villages such as Grazalema, Zahara (a different one) and a must-see, Ronda.
Of course you'll want to see Sevilla, and you could easily spend more than a day there. If you have time, check out the ruins of the Roman city of Italica, about 3 miles out of town.
As you can see, there's lots to do, and you'll wish you'd come for longer.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2989 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments