MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19674 - 08/23/01 05:45 AM Re: La Tomatina in Bunol - Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Oh no!!!!

I planned on smashing a couple of ripe tomatoes over my head on the day of the big event!! Now I'm going to have to wait until next year, unless they'll give me a dispensation to do it posthumously... frown

I don't know why, but this seems it would be a fantastic way to let off steam. I suggested to my wife that we could do it at home. She looked at me and laughed;

"We could get a couple dozen people involved. Get about 500 pounds of tomatoes!" I said, half seriously.

"At $1.69 a pound for tomatoes?" She said, "So... who's going to pay for them?"

Crestfallen, I slinked away to my office. My computer doesn't act like a bean counter.

Wolf (Licking his wounds. It sounded like a great idea!) frown

#19675 - 08/23/01 07:10 AM Re: La Tomatina in Bunol - Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wolf,

I read in the newspaper that 2.000.000 ptas. were spent, so it means about 20 ptas.(.11 $)/kilo of tomatoes. eek

It helps that the area is in a zone producer of many vegetable crops, so they are cheap, but also, I think they use lower quality tomatoes and get them at wholesale prices directly from farmers. cool

You could do it with ... What is very cheap in The States? Ah, water. You make ice.. and then you could mince it until it was like puree.

Wait, that is what you do every Christmas! wink

#19676 - 08/23/01 07:35 AM Re: La Tomatina in Bunol - Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Ignacio,

laugh

Maybe I could have a whole ship load of them sent in. At that price, we'd just turn it all into tomato juice, and squirt each other with it.

Wolf (Who always has a plan his wife will shoot down... frown ) Did I mention that she's a Saint for putting up with me? smile She's standing right here, so I have to be nice...

#19677 - 08/23/01 06:58 PM Re: La Tomatina in Bunol - Spain
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Wolf, back in my Chicago days we'd have so many of those jumbo zucchini (you know, the ones that are big enough to park a VW in!) that we'd leave them on people's doorsteps and run. Maybe you could just grind a bunch of those up into a nice,mushy white pulp and fling fistfuls at each other. Just think...no nasty red stains!

la maestra(who enjoys the happy frolicking of wolves at play...from a respectful distance, of course!)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3028 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments