Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19658 - 07/18/01 01:24 AM 2 week trip - how's my route looking?
janie Offline

Loc: California
9/22/01 - 10/6/01: So far, just the arrival and departure from Madrid are locked in (frequent flier miles) How does this route look? Madrid, Cordoba, Granada(2 nights), Sevilla (3 nights), Merida, Toledo (2 nights), Segovia, Madrid. We're just starting to plan and interested in finding unique lodgings that still offer comforts and private baths - not looking for youth hostels. (In the states we love B&B's). Any pro/con in our route versus reversing the order and starting adrid-Segovia-Toledo - -Merida-Sevilla-Granada-Cordoba-Madrid?

Gracias!

#19659 - 07/18/01 11:27 AM Re: 2 week trip - how's my route looking?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Janie- Welcome to the board. In answer to your question, I can't see any advantage or disadvantage to reversing your route. I did a similar route in 1992, starting in Madrid, and going south through Jaén to Granada, then returning back north through Toledo and into Segovia and points further north.

Your time of year should make it very easy to get around in each of those cities. Will you be renting a car? We did (even for Madrid) and had absolutely no problems (except for a sappy tree that caked our trunk lock shut in Granada...(Avis just swapped cars with us in the next town). I've done it twice since '92 and had no problems with the rentals then either. I believe I've used Avis all three times, renting in the states and then picking up over there. I hope you can drive a stick.

If this is your first trip to Spain, which it sounds like by your do-everything itinerary, I think you've chosen a nice group of places to visit. Segovia should be cool and comfortable in early October, and the crowds will have dispersed, leaving you to stroll the Alhambra and the labyrinthine streets of Toledo in (relative) seclusion.

Enjoy your trip, and as we always say, please post your post-trip impressions!!! smile

#19660 - 07/18/01 12:57 PM Re: 2 week trip - how's my route looking?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi janie. You're looking for unique places? How about special ones? Have a peep at my message under Hostels and Other Lodgings. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2414 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments